Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else receive a recall on their seat belts? Maybe 2-3 yrs. ago? I did on my 2007 FJ but the dealership said they did't have the replacement parts yet. While at the dealership this summer on a different matter, I asked about the recall and was told they never heard of it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Any one else receive a recall on their seat belts? Maybe 2-3 yrs. ago? I did on my 2007 FJ but the dealership said they did't have the replacement parts yet. While at the dealership this summer on a different matter, I asked about the recall and was told they never heard of it.
The recall is legitimate. Not sure why your dealer would say they never heard of it? This stuff is all computerized and I was at the dealer yesterday and they looked up my vin and could tell me which recalls were outstanding on my vehicle (even though I did not have the associated TRD brakes on my FJ).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe he didn't want to find it. I myself entered my vin this morning in the recall section and it came back saying there are no recalls listed for my vehicle, but when I first got the letter and went to a different dealer, I was told the replacement parts weren't available. My belts were fine until this summer, now I need to replace them both. At least $250 in parts.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Maybe he didn't want to find it. I myself entered my vin this morning in the recall section and it came back saying there are no recalls listed for my vehicle, but when I first got the letter and went to a different dealer, I was told the replacement parts weren't available. My belts were fine until this summer, now I need to replace them both. At least $250 in parts.
Now it sounds like you are thinking that the seatbelt recall is for replacing the actual seatbelts. If you went to the dealer asking for the seatbelts to be replaced because they are worn (or some other issue) then I agree with the dealer that there is no recall for that.

The recall was related to the mounting brackets/hardware in the rear door (that is my understanding of what it was for). Something about a weak mounting or other issue that could cause cracks in the rear inner door panel, I believe. Not the actual replacement of the seatbelts.

It takes about 4 hours for them to do the work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I thought at the time that the retractors were faulty and wouldn't work properly in an accident.Like they'd release and not hold you back. Like I said they've worked all this time so maybe it's just wear. The drivers side just jammed up 2 days ago.Won't go in or out. Passenger side did the same 'bout 3 months ago,but I usually drive solo. I'll be replacing them both myself. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts