Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made some initial contacts and here is what I've found:

Michael's - Bellevue. 3k non-refundable down, 4k over msrp. As expected.
Magic - Edmonds - They don't know. But will likely sell above MSRP. Probably also expected
Foothills - Mt Vernon - 3k "Premium", $500 deposit. But, no list yet. Lower Sales tax unlikely to compensate for premium.
Puyallup - msrp, 12 people on list. large volume may compensates for longer list.
Burien - wouldn't divulge over the internet. They could save us both some time if they just said, "msrp" or "not msrp".
Bob Bridge - Renton - Not sure what they'll have quite yet, but not going to bump the price over msrp.
Rodland - Everett - msrp, no mention of their list or deposit.
Toy of Kirkland - At MSRP, but have a 500$ "vip" charge with loaner car, 1st ding repair, and personalized web page. 9 on list, no deposit required.

Score so far: MSRP:4 Premium/Market: 3 Unknown: 1 No response: 3

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a fully refundable $500 dep down at Toyota of Lake City. As far as I know they are selling at MSRP, no mention of additional price gauge so far. They have 3 orders so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put a 1k deposit @ Burien Toyota a month or so ago & I'm first on their list. They are selling @ MSRP. The deposit if fully refundable. So far so good, but who really knows. Any deposit that is not reundable is Bullshit. What if the FJ comes in & you really don't like it. You need to have the option of opting out if you want.
That said, I am talking to dealers in Oregon as well to find out what my best option is. The most important thing for me is the gaurantee that they'll have it when they come in & I'm not waiting another 6 months.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still waiting on a couple of others to contact me back.
I wasn't expecting as many at MSRP. In a way, it would be easier if only one did. Now I have to look at the dealer and what it might have on it when the start arriving. Not to mention that I haven't seen one in person.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, you might want to check out Burien because I bet they won't have as many on the list, let's just hope that they are getting some inventory.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
WOW, nice work!!! Almost put my deposit down at Kirkland in November, I would have been #3 on the list. Mt Vernon the 3k "Premium" does that mean $3k over msrp???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a wacky world. I was talking with a friend who's a Sales Mgr for a Ford dealer. He said they are always bumping the price on a popular car. It seems that there isn't the same restraint on the US car manufacturers.

Actually I know a couple more know too.
Olympia is also doing Msrp. bless their soul.
Lake City is still trying to find their... Maybe they just need to come here and get the information that doesn't seem to be available to them.

I was going to contact the Boise ID area with family down there, but I was more successful up here than I thought.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rodland may be heading to the dark side. Their top manager is having second thoughts about charging MRSP. Evidently, they occasionally charge more for cars that are very popular (ie. those they can).
Even the implication that they would charge more, starts a bad taste. The other category of dealers charges list, but then drops a bunch of accessesories at the last minute.
We shall see.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, It looks like Xterra here I come. It is just not in the cards to buy this at anymore then MRSP. The SUV market is near death and anyone willing to wait a short period of time will surely find the FJ at MRSP. I did stop by Burien Toyota a couple of days ago. I asked the salesman that approached me about the FJ. He told me he never heard of a FJ Crusier....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, I realize I talked to somone who had been there about a week. 2 months seems to be the average longivity at Burien. I have bought 6 Toyota's from Michael's and have been fairly happy with them. I plan to talk to them today, but from reading other comments I am not optimistic. I love what they did with this vehical, but paying MRSP is as far as I might be willing to go. I currently have a 2005 4Runner which I plan to keep( My wife Loves the 4Runner) I need something that is versetal 4wd and not $40,000. I do like XTerra's and many deals to be had. I just don't think Nissans are as good as Toyotas. And yes the "Wow" Factor is missing from the Xterra. We will see. Toyota has in the past been able to increase production to meet demand.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have no doubt that we can get a machine for MSRP.

I also believe that the dealers that don't sell for MSRP will be able to do so. I'm just not going to be the one to take the extra hit.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Just spoke with Randy Peralez at Toyota of Kirkland there are 7 on the list. When you order one then you put down your $500 for the deposit. They are selling them at MSRP plus $499 for their VIP package, listed in the first comments. 3 of them at first, and the first 2 are already taken.

Sorry had to edit my response.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am third on the list at Burien, I put 500 down, and have been guaranteed msrp. I talked with Dennis. Hes been pretty cool so far, he has kept me up on things for the most part. Burien currently has two allocated to them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
well toyota of tacoma called :) its about time ! they told me late march lol .....isnt it nice they told me what i had already been told .......but im number 1 on the list now. they do know what they getting finally and the titanium AT up 2 will do me just fine. its going to be a long month

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
dogbert said:
Made some initial contacts and here is what I've found:
Toy of Kirkland - At MSRP, but have a 500$ "vip" charge with loaner car, 1st ding repair, and personalized web page. 9 on list, no deposit required.
that had better be one hell of a "1st ding" for $500, the loaner should be standard at any stealership that gives half a $hit about customer service, and who gives a crap about a personalized web page? come on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I did it....Put down my $500 deposit at Michaels for my FJ....At MRSP no add ons, fully refundable..When??? They were a bit unclear on that allthought he seemed to think sooner then end of April. Voodoo Blue both packages.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cocojoe53 said:
Well I did it....Put down my $500 deposit at Michaels for my FJ....At MRSP no add ons, fully refundable..When??? They were a bit unclear on that allthought he seemed to think sooner then end of April. Voodoo Blue both packages.
If you can get them to do MSRP... Nice work!!
The several thousand dollars they get for simply stretching their elbow to take the $30k check seems pretty fair.
I want to think the best of people, so maybe they realized that not everyone wants a FJ in green old Seattle.

There seems to be so many dealer here, it is hard to justify being treated badly; I still have a check in my pocket to another dealer before they changed their minds on the MSRP thing and I walked out.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
cocojoe53 said:

Who is your Sales person???

I was told that they were going to sale over MSRP (Michael's that is). I have bought my last 3 cars from them. The '93 Camry had a tranny problem, it was replaced with a major hassle!!! But I still had to pay the sales tax, which was about $700. Good luck, I hope they don't change their tune when you pick up your FJ.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mike Sillivan is his name. We will see. I made it very clear I will just walk out. Mike is an ok guy. I don't like to buy when they first come out for this reason alone. If you have done business there before, gently remind them of that and if they are smart they will give you mrsp...

1 - 20 of 94 Posts