Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fj Cruiser Forum Members. I know it may sound strange but let me explain. I live in Colombia and Toyota still sells new Fjs here! From legit Toyota dealerships! I just got my second one. I had a 2011 stock fj and recently sold it so I could buy a new 2021 Fj. Had to wait two months for it but its awesome. I have lots of questions about upgrades so I look forward to spending some time on the forum.

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
84 Posts
wait wait wait

Hold up

You mean this FJ is a 2021 model year?
I know they made them past 2014 for Australia and Japan, but I thought the last year ever made was 2016 or 2017.
Have I somehow dodged word of them bringing back the FJ for 2021?
Looks beautiful!!

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
84 Posts
Just did some research and it looks like they DO still manufacture them 😲
I found an article on a 2021 for sale in Dubai. Crazy that they made them for the North American market and don't sell it here anymore. Especially with how hungry America is for offroaders like the Wrangler and new Bronco

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
84 Posts
Hey Levy, YES its a 2021 NEW Fj!!! I looked at the import documents and they come from Toyohashi, Japan.
YOU LUCKY BUG!! I wish so badly that they still sold new FJs. People eat up 4 runners and Tacos here in Texas just like Wranglers, and I bet they'd eat up new FJs too 😭

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only drawback is that they are expensive. With all the taxes we have here a new Fj can cost as much as 50.000 dollars depending on the upgrades

·
Premium Member
16,957 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

Reactions: PabloFj

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
AND, Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SC. This could go in the "what I learned today" thread. Really cool info! I had no idea they are still manufactured. Are there any differences in the interior and options available?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I forgot to ask earlier- how do they come equipped? Factory options or trim levels? What dealer options are available?

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
356 Posts
My understanding is a vehicle needs to be 25 years old or in some cases 21 years old before it can be imported into the US. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would imagine there would be sites where someone could buy newer (2015 to 2021) OEM parts for our older FJ's but I have not seen them?

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
My understanding is a vehicle needs to be 25 years old or in some cases 21 years old before it can be imported into the US. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would imagine there would be sites where someone could buy newer (2015 to 2021) OEM parts for our older FJ's but I have not seen them?

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
You are right and i`m just kidding. :)

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Hey Levy, YES its a 2021 NEW Fj!!! I looked at the import documents and they come from Toyohashi, Japan.
Congratulations Pablo! Everyone here in the States is drooling over your BRAND NEW ride!

Could you do me a favor? Could you post a photo of the metal VIN data plate that is located on the drivers side door jamb? I've been wanting to see what factory info has changed. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts