Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I forgot to ask earlier- how do they come equipped? Factory options or trim levels? What dealer options are available?
Everything is the same, only difference is the fog lights on the front bumper and a small color change on the instrument panel. You can get aftermarket tires (like de bfg ko2 I got), wheels, stereos, tinted windows, trail teams full blackout kit and other small changes. The rest is all the same as my 2011 Fj.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Congratulations Pablo! Everyone here in the States is drooling over your BRAND NEW ride!

Could you do me a favor? Could you post a photo of the metal VIN data plate that is located on the drivers side door jamb? I've been wanting to see what factory info has changed. Thanks!
I will send you a picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Welcome to the forum from SC. This could go in the "what I learned today" thread. Really cool info! I had no idea they are still manufactured. Are there any differences in the interior and options available?
Only subtle changes on the instrument panel and fog lights on the front bumper. Thats it. You can get several aftermarket options from the dealer like trd blacked out kits and other small stuff. But no real changes in engine or body.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
My understanding is a vehicle needs to be 25 years old or in some cases 21 years old before it can be imported into the US. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would imagine there would be sites where someone could buy newer (2015 to 2021) OEM parts for our older FJ's but I have not seen them? <>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
There are multiple on-line Toyota parts suppliers who can supply every single part for every model year FJ from every world market.

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,129 Posts
Hi PabloFj, welcome from Ohio!
Since we can't buy FJs here in the States, we're counting on you to buy as many FJs as possible to them in production
😉👍

·
Registered
100 Posts
My understanding is a vehicle needs to be 25 years old or in some cases 21 years old before it can be imported into the US. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would imagine there would be sites where someone could buy newer (2015 to 2021) OEM parts for our older FJ's but I have not seen them?

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
You are correct. Imported vehicles are only able to be brought in once 21 or 25 years pass in order to bypass EPA standards or safety standards.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome!

Yeah they are indeed still being made, if you look at the online logs of the Hamura plant (Toyota corporate page) you see monthly which models and being produced on which lines.

For parts, if it's left hand drive, yours is practically identical to the US 2014 model, therefore any aftermarket part for that will fit.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
I wonder if we can access that corporate site from within the US? Can you post a link to it?
I tired "Toyota.com" but couldn't find where on it the outputs of the plants around the globe. Perhaps I just didn't know where to find it.

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,129 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wonder if we can access that corporate site from within the US? Can you post a link to it?
I tired "Toyota.com" but couldn't find where on it the outputs of the plants around the globe. Perhaps I just didn't know where to find it.
Hey norm, sure not a problem - Toyota keeps most of its corporate details on its JP site, and a lot of it is hosted on "global.toyota".

I can't seem to find the page I was refering to, but here is a link to their Factory Operations bulletins:

The last mention of the FJ in these bulletins is due to the earthquake in February, where we can see that the FJ is currently on Line 1 of the Hino Hamura Plant:

If I can find the other listing I'll post it here (y)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Interesting, the 'Trail Teams' looks to be called 'Adventure X'
Includes a Fox 2" lift, Borla catback, and Bushwacker flares.
All of those modifications are done by Al-Futtaim once the FJ's reach the UAE, including the infotainment system. The FJ's are virtually (or maybe 100%?) identical to the 2014 US spec when they leave Japan.

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,129 Posts
All of those modifications are done by Al-Futtaim once the FJ's reach the UAE, including the infotainment system. The FJ's are virtually (or maybe 100%?) identical to the 2014 US spec when they leave Japan.
Ah! Well that makes more sense.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts