Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wanted to be able to secure a long arm or two in my FJ for travels and decided on this unit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XG4YVH2?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20

It can be either bolted directly to the vehicle or locked via a cable in the back. You can mount it horizontally or vertically though Hornady recommends removing the small gas assist strut if mounted upright.

It is 42 inches long and has recessed handles to lift/carry it.
I'd recommend a bit of foam wrap as they do clang on even normal driving.

Opens via either an RFID tag in a key fob, by a code you can set or by a barrel key.
The lock is powered by AA battery but there is a 120v-12v for powering the lock as well. I may investigate fabricating a pigtail to the trucks electrical system but for now it's working fine.

I didn't schlep a firearm out to the drive for pics but since I had my Gerber machete and hatchet in the back I put them inside for this photo.

Last August on a camping trip I had an Ithaca model 37 shotgun, a .45 ACP with holster and the one daughters fancy Canon camera with room to spare. I could have added an AR easily.

I know there are other long gun lockers out there but this seemed to have a good balance between cost and construction. It is no light weight at 50+ pounds empty.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had a drawer system from Front runner which was nice but it just took up too much space, and a lot of wasted space. How did you bolt it down?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had a drawer system from Front runner which was nice but it just took up too much space, and a lot of wasted space. How did you bolt it down?
At this point it is secured by the cable through the cargo stock tie downs.
I didn't want to commit to drilling and bolting it just yet.

·
トヨタ Master
5,787 Posts
Dig it! I think 2 would be nice, install the other one facing the fold down seats and put your b/u stuff in there. JIC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts