Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ok, here are a few pics that I was able to upload, we have many more to come!

Linda's amazing Tundra!

Lance and the recovery demo

Roasting wieners!

Mike helping Kurt and Josh with his new HID light install

Drivers meeting

CopDoc on Oak Creek Homestead

Mark coming down the shelf on Oak Creek Homestead

Chris from Lucrum playing in the water

Showing some flex on the way up!!

Update on the R2FJ!

A little old skool, a little new skool

I think we found a flaw in the Ultimate Bumper Mod!

OMG Warren let Mike cut something off his truck with a hacksaw?

Hanging out after the chili cookout

Mike's guided tour of Schnebley Hill Road

On the Hot Loop

Thats all I have for now but we will be uploading the rest later!​

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Best pictures I've seen in a thread since Ouray. Kudos to all of you who posted them, thanks! :):)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Microb, great shots. Makes me itching to go wheeling.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I hope these pics give more people the bug for next year. There was plenty more space at the campground, and Sunday evening I spoke to the guide manager at Pink Jeep Tours. He said this time of the year is really good for the fest because it's post spring break and there's a bit of a lull in their business (you wouldn't know it based on the traffic).

That, and we need to get more competition on the GPS challenge. I'll post up the PDF of the contest rules and waypoints so anyone that wants to prepare for next year can see how fun it was. You'll have a hard time unseating the R2s, and Mike is gonna give them a run if he ever gets a passenger brave enough to ride shotgun.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ya Mike gave us a run for it without a passenger so someone volunteer! Or maybe you can force your girlfriend to do it once she gets out here to AZ.

Honestly I was really surprised...not that 25 trucks is horrible but we had close to 40 people registered so that means about 15 people who registered but didn't bother to show up. Just another reason I think we should charge a small (like $10) registration fee. I can understand when stuff happens, sometimes life just gets in the way..and I think those people let us know they weren't coming...but the no call/no shows might have at least showed up for the trail runs if they had paid the $10.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Ya Mike gave us a run for it without a passenger so someone volunteer! Or maybe you can force your girlfriend to do it once she gets out here to AZ.

Honestly I was really surprised...not that 25 trucks is horrible but we had close to 40 people registered so that means about 15 people who registered but didn't bother to show up. Just another reason I think we should charge a small (like $10) registration fee. I can understand when stuff happens, sometimes life just gets in the way..and I think those people let us know they weren't coming...but the no call/no shows might have at least showed up for the trail runs if they had paid the $10.

Just my .02
Most runs we attend (TDS, Forest Fest, Hump & Bump, Hi Desert Roundup, etc.) all have registration fees if they are a fundraising event - which this is. I believe even the FJ Summit has a small fee they charge to attend... it wouldnt be a bad thing for Sedonafest, especially for the great cause.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That, and we need to get more competition on the GPS challenge. I'll post up the PDF of the contest rules and waypoints so anyone that wants to prepare for next year can see how fun it was. You'll have a hard time unseating the R2s, and Mike is gonna give them a run if he ever gets a passenger brave enough to ride shotgun.
My GPS got delayed a day by UPS and was sitting on my patio when I arrived home, otherwise we would have definitely been participants

·
Registered
849 Posts
we got back late last night........freakin awesome is all i can say. it was a BLAST and no trail damage for me this year! whoo hooo i have lots of great PEOPLE PICTURES and some video that i'll post up later tonight. i'm on my way to my dentist appt so quick post!

the night run was the best and the hi-light of my weekend. we got up to the top of chicken rock (where i broke last year) and i insisted that everyone cut lights and engines, lay on the rocks and stare up at the sky. mike entertained us with his songs and threats of chili farts (i'm glad WE were down-wind). it was a real chick thing to do but i think the boys ended up enjoying the relaxation and down time. nothing heard but the sounds of the wind blowing (and mike singing) :)
yup........the stairs......going UP was just wayyyyyyy too much fun.
more to come later....................

·
Registered
820 Posts
I agree with you Terry..I don't think a $10 fee is too much to ask for 2 days of camping, trail runs, gps challenge, and free chili and cornbread dinner. To me it would just be a way to raise even more money for Daring Adventures, which is never a bad thing!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Awesome write up everyone. I am sad that I missed all the fun. I'm making it a point to get out to next year's event!

~Brian

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
You wont see any Hammer level trails there, but you will have a blast and wheel with some great people there. The location is absolutely incredible and the only thing I've seen that matches it for scenery is Ouray.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.