Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

***Registration will open Wednesday June 29 at 8:00pm (AZ time) - http://sedonafest.com

Mark your calendars and start making plans for Sedonafest 2011!

Join us in one of the premier international destinations of the southwest - Sedona, Arizona - for the 5th annual Sedonafest off-road adventure. Taking place August 19-21, 2011, this year’s event will be bigger and better with:
- two full days of trail runs
- trails brand new to Sedonafest
- more technical trails plus expedition-style runs
...and much more!

Event check-in for registered attendees will start on Thursday August 18th, trail runs will start on Friday August 19th and continue on Saturday August 20th, with the conclusion of the event to occur on Sunday August 21st. In the Sedonafest tradition, this year will bring together the Toyota off-road community with great Arizona trails, amazing scenery, spectacular raffle prizes, and the famed GPS Challenge. Stay tuned for more information and registration dates.

See you at Sedonafest 2011!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Man I can't afford an event every month! April - OX11, May- looking at a trip with Central Overland, June, the wife and step son go to LA, July is the Summit, Now this in August and Wheeltoberfest on October! I think the wife is going to have to go back to work!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Given the potential distance that I would have to travel - is there some more info available?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Given the potential distance that I would have to travel - is there some more info available?
Targa88, the event website will be updated soon with all the info that you need. Keep an eye on this thread as this will be the place we make any announcements. Hope you can make it, thanks!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Hey Collin,

I did it last year and it was a very good event. It is kind of laid-back and low key compared with say Cruise Moab but that may change some this year with a longer format and more trails. I really liked the fact that they limited it to only 50 rigs, which makes it fairly easy to get to know most of the attendees. Recommended.

Look up last years thread for an idea of what to expect.

Alan

·
Registered
140 Posts
My first time was last year but it won't be my last. Loved it! Will try to get the new wife up there in Aug. She's not real big on roughing it in a tent trailer. LOL With or without I'll be there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Collin,

I did it last year and it was a very good event. It is kind of laid-back and low key compared with say Cruise Moab but that may change some this year with a longer format and more trails. I really liked the fact that they limited it to only 50 rigs, which makes it fairly easy to get to know most of the attendees. Recommended.

Look up last years thread for an idea of what to expect.

Alan
Hey Alan!

Are you going to make it out to the event this year? Hope you can... Thanks for all your help at last years event.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hope everyone is making plans for Sedona in August. We have some great things planned for this year's Sedonafest and you will not want to miss out! Just a reminder to anyone thinking about attending the event, plan on checking in at base camp on Thursday August 18th. Trail runs will start early Friday morning.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hope everyone is making plans for Sedona in August. We have some great things planned for this year's Sedonafest and you will not want to miss out! Just a reminder to anyone thinking about attending the event, plan on checking in at base camp on Thursday August 18th. Trail runs will start early Friday morning.
Has the registration open up yet? I would like to wheel in Sedona sometime, I will see if I can talk Alan into going, he was planing on doing the CTC this summer. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Hey Alan!

Are you going to make it out to the event this year? Hope you can... Thanks for all your help at last years event.
I'd like to attend again but have plans for an extended Continental Divide Trip July and August, but that may fizzle out.

Alan

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Did the website ever come to fruition that was supposed to shed some more light on the event? Specifically any info on the trails would be of interest - or is that all going to be on the registration setup that supposed to be out in the near future?

If my FJs out of the shop I'd like to check out some AZ wheeling!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'd like to attend again but have plans for an extended Continental Divide Trip July and August, but that may fizzle out.

Alan
Nice... That sounds like a great trip. If it doesn't work out, we'd love to have you again this year.

Did the website ever come to fruition that was supposed to shed some more light on the event? Specifically any info on the trails would be of interest - or is that all going to be on the registration setup that supposed to be out in the near future?

If my FJs out of the shop I'd like to check out some AZ wheeling!
We will have the page updated very soon. We are currently working on that information before we make it official on the site. Most of the trails that are listed on the current site will be included in this years event as well. However, there are a few news ones that will be added. We will not be releasing information on them until we have confirmed the ability to run them and coordinated with all the appropriate authorities (which will be done before registration starts). You will be able to read details about all of the trails before you choose the trail you will be running during the registration process.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions and thank you for your interest in Sedonafest 2011.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Barring unemployment or jail, I'm in. Unless the wife is in jail, then I'm still in. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
i'd really like to make this event but wont be able to register till after the summit.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts