1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, someone please tell them that i wanna see it in the bay area!!!! grrrrrr.....

nah wait, nevermind. i dont really want anyone else to know.....SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
My daughter is at Clemson U. That's about 30 minutes from Greenville. Sounds like a great excuse to go visit her before she comes home for Christmas

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you want to go to this event, you might want to enter a South Carolina zip code when you register. This might help, damn sure won't hurt !!

·
Registered
166 Posts
other1 said:
Does anyone know of anyone who has received a reply concerning Greenville, SC??
sign up ends at 5 p.m. tomorrow 12/7 left coast time. i would guess toyota will start emailing folks thursday morning to let them know they get a lucky pass. cross fingers.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
whoever goes,.....

(1) grill for price and release dates - anything you can think of
(2) take lots of photos

we all need more - MORE!!!! MORE INFO!!!!! MORE TO GET US THROUGH!!!!! I NEED ANOTHER FIX!!!!! C'MON!!! JUST A LITTLE ONE!!!! PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLEEASE!!!!

hopefully they're be some cute southern chicks this time instead of those nasty ho's in the last pictures i saw on here.

ho ho ho!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Couple of specific questions for those that go....

1. sub-woofer option- is it taking up unused space? If not, what is the tradeoff? Is there some storage cubbies or something that are being replaced with the subbie?
2. Somewhere on this forum it was stated that the brown "SEMA" color was a pre-production color (not yet tested enough for production?), how long before it's available to be ordered?

I'd love to see good pictures of each color....

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'd like to see a photo of the tallest dude there sitting in the front seat with the seat all the way back and the steering wheel tilted all the way up. And then maybe the second tallest dude there sitting in the back seat behind the tallest dude in the front seat.

And while you're at it have the tallest dude lay in the back with the rear seats folded down and take a photo of his legs hanging out the back. And be sure and ask the tallest dude how tall he is.

And I don't think I've seen a photo of the rear cupholders. No kidding. Has anyone seen a photo of them?

And if any of them have cruise control I'd be curious were the module for it is installed in the engine bay. If it's on the passenger side wheel well like Tacomas, which is where I think a second battery might go.

And if any of them have the funky speakers that are rumored to be installed in the ceiling then that would be cool to see.

And if a GPS is installed take dozens of photos of it from multiple angles.

And ask about BFG T/As.

And a photo of the roof without the rack to see what the mounting points look like.

And a photo of the underside aft of the rear axle to see how much room is really under there.

And a photo of the rear glass partially open showing how much clearance there is between it and the spare.

And of course the Toyota girls....

Did I forget anything?

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is my first post. I have been following the FJ ever since the concept was show. I am lucky enough to live in Greenville SC. Toyota of Greenville still knows nothing about the Dec17th introduction. But I can tell you one thing, the FJs are already there :)

I've got the pics of a blue and black cherry. They were being "stored" as soon as I go to the dealer so did not get to sit in one. A Toyota official assured me not to worry about the backseat being small. Also, a sales rep that was 6'2" said that he was very suprised at how much room that there is, and something about the rear doors have a "downward" type of swing to them allowing easier entry/exit.

As soon as they are uncovered again, I will get more pics. I'm also taking a friend that is about 6'2" on the 17th to check out the rear seat room.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
toyotommy said:
This is my first post. I have been following the FJ ever since the concept was show. I am lucky enough to live in Greenville SC. Toyota of Greenville still knows nothing about the Dec17th introduction. But I can tell you one thing, the FJs are already there :)

I've got the pics of a blue and black cherry. They were being "stored" as soon as I go to the dealer so did not get to sit in one. A Toyota official assured me not to worry about the backseat being small. Also, a sales rep that was 6'2" said that he was very suprised at how much room that there is, and something about the rear doors have a "downward" type of swing to them allowing easier entry/exit.

As soon as they are uncovered again, I will get more pics. I'm also taking a friend that is about 6'2" on the 17th to check out the rear seat room.
Awesome, be sure to upload them to the Photo Gallery here and post em up!

If you want, let me know and I'll host em of course.

·
Registered
166 Posts
toyotommy said:

please tell me the name of the dealer. i'd like to drive there tomorrow to check out those trucks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
yoyoyo said:
please tell me the name of the dealer. i'd like to drive there tomorrow to check out those trucks.
I'm not supposed to tell you directly, but read my post real carefully ;)

Unfortunately they were being put into "storage" until the 12/17 show, so they are no longer visible. If I had been 5 minutes earlier, I would have been all over them with my camera.

·
Registered
166 Posts
toyotommy said:
I'm not supposed to tell you directly, but read my post real carefully ;)

Unfortunately they were being put into "storage" until the 12/17 show, so they are no longer visible. If I had been 5 minutes earlier, I would have been all over them with my camera.

What really shocked me was after they were taken away, I noticed a strange shape in the corner of the warehouse. Imagine my suprise when it turned out to be the 2007 Camry. :eek: I got lots of pics of the Camry!
i figured it out early this morning and called the dealer. as we were speaking they told me three fj's were being loaded to a truck. yes they have 3, not just 2. the third is yellow. i think they were getting flooded by calls and by people stopping by for a look.

on a related matter i'm wondering if anyone knows exactly where they will be shown in greenville and at what time. anyone got that info.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Not to steal his thunder but toyotommy has posted three spy photos in the gallery. Good work sir. I'm guessing these are the ones you took at some "Toyota of Greenville" dealership? I think it's the first we've seen of a cover the the rear spare. Not the first we've seen of crappy tires though. Please express our displeasure with the tires. And ask about running lights and running boards. Both of these vehicles have what would generally be called rock rails or rock sliders, not running boards. But I think we've also seen running boards on option lists. This vehicle doesn't need candy axe running boards that can barely hold a girlyman's weight, much less the weight of the FJC, and will tear off as soon as a rock grabs them. So please ask if the "rock rail" style is the standard type of option for running boards.
And does anyone know what the little lights on the mirrors are really supposed to do? I don't mind them but do they turn on when the headlights come on? Do they blink with the blinkers? Do they blink with the emergency flashers? Are they seperately controlled? Can they be replaced with aftermarket aircraft landing lights? Hmmm.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Is Toyota sending out an email to those that got an invite to Greenville?? Talk about waiting to the last minute to inform you!! I have an unused Orbitz plane ticket that I'm going to get rewritten to go to SC, provided the price is right. Some friends of my daughter are having a graduation party at Clemson, which is 25 miles away, on the 17th as well. Two birds with one stone, for sure.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey lucky Greenville, SC dudes!
From those toyotommy pics, it looks like they are the very same FJC's from Ojai (although the blue one was M.I.A. the day of the event). The spare tire cover was on the Black Cherry at Ojai too. They must be the tour trucks.

Here's something I learned from the Offroad Expo, SEMA and Ojai that you guys can take advantage of: Take a note pad and write down all the info you get. The FJC is so sweet, you'll get all smitten and forget everything you learned. I call it Supermodel Syndrome.

Damn, I'm jealous, why don't we ever get any cool events like that here in the L.A. area? Oh wait, we do!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts