Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here it is!! Two brand new products from Iron Mountain Performance.

First up, Iron Mountain Performance Shift Knobs! Check these out!

(Production will come with a jam nut to control alignment, I wasn't able to get some in time for SEMA :( )

Available for shipment immediately after SEMA. We will have Black/White and Black/Red available for automatics and Black/Red (TRD-style) available for 6MTs. Other color combos will be available on special order with a 2 week lead time. These are straight screw on fitment, just like stock! Even engraved with the correct shift patterns for your transmission and transfer case! Get the TRD look without all the expense and difficulty!

Price: $85 shipped per set, regardless of color. We probably will be doing a post-show special for those interested in the first run.

Our next product is the now infamous Iron Mountain Performance Skid Plates! Now featuring our patent-pending Slick Plate innovation!!

These skid plates are made of 1/4" thick aircraft aluminum. These things will never bend or dent! I've been running them for a year and a half now (search the forums!) and you can see where rocks hit the plates hard and there's barely any damage to be seen. They are held on with grade 8 bolts all around with special mounting for the fuel tank to make it all 100% bolt on. These are also easy to remove for oil changes!

(Prototype Slick Plate Skid Plates shown)

Our special Slick Plate covering is a new innovation we have come up with in answer to those who say that aluminum is too "sticky" for the rocks! We use a special plastic plate that is practically indestructible and very slippery which allows the truck to slide off the rocks. What's the advantage over just using plastic panels or plain steel skid plates? The plastic alone won't add any protection to your underside, but allows your truck to slide off the rocks easily, and steel has to be thin in order to be light enough to be put under the truck without adding too much weight. Aluminum allows us to use an extremely thick plate while still being light, and adding the plastic makes it slippery on the rocks without compromising protection.

(Prototype standard skid plates shown)

Our Slick Plate coating is currently only shown on the front plate but will be available as an option on all the plates.

We were actually the first to come up with a fuel tank plate, though we unfortunately never put them into production as early as we wanted.

Pricing should be around $600-700 for the full set (four pieces), price is yet to be determined for the optional Slick Plate coating. If you purchase plates without the Slick Plate coatings, it can easily be added later as well!

Please feel free to post any questions! We are hoping to begin selling all these products right after we get back from SEMA! The shift knobs will be ready to ship ASAP!

If you're at SEMA, come check out the Iron Mountain Performance FJ at the Enkei Wheels booth # 41153 in the South Hall!

- Patrick

·
Registered
19 Posts
How much does the front 3 pc(?) skid set and the gas tank skid weigh?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much does the front 3 pc(?) skid set and the gas tank skid weigh?
I would have to weigh them when I get home because I don't have weights yet. I'd have to guess that each piece of the 3 piece plates weigh around 20lbs each and the gas tank skid around 30lbs but I will get actual weights when I get back from SEMA.

- Patrick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, thanks Patrick. I'm in the market for some lightweight, tough skids, and these look pretty cool.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks Patrick. I'm in the market for some lightweight, tough skids, and these look pretty cool.
I will update you as soon as I can (hopefully sometime next week). We can always do thinner aluminum or steel if they're too heavy for you!

- Patrick

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would be interested in just the fuel tank skid, with the coating.
P.M. or post a price when you can.

Thanks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm interested, however, something like this is something I need to see in person and in action. So far I do like what I see, please keep us posted!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sounds really interesting.... more details (especially weight) + actual pricing would be appreciated.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Patrick
Skids look good! Light wt is a bonus. I also like the slippy plastic, even if you gouge it hard or tear it, it would be easy to replace.
Is it polyetheline (sp) sheet or nylon? Or is that secret?
When will these be avaliable?
What about anodizing color or will you offer powder coat?
Curt

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
How much is the gas skid going to be? Also will the gas skid mount without the other pieces? Id be interested if I could mount it solely on it's own.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the lack of responses, I had some things to take care of on the way back from SEMA. I'm back now and working on all this stuff but let me answer some questions while I'm here.

I noticed you are located in Washington. Is the business also?
We don't have a "storefront" but yes, we're in Washington :)

Patrick
Skids look good! Light wt is a bonus. I also like the slippy plastic, even if you gouge it hard or tear it, it would be easy to replace.
Is it polyetheline (sp) sheet or nylon? Or is that secret?
When will these be avaliable?
What about anodizing color or will you offer powder coat?
Curt
They should be available in the next couple weeks. At the moment we just have to iron out some details and figure out the hardware kits and installation instructions then we should be good to go. I'm working on a full set of final prototypes at the moment and once those are here with the plastic on them the rest should be a snap. I'll make sure everyone stays updated.

The actual plastic is a trade secret, sorry! :lol: ;)

As far as anodizing or powdercoating, it's probably something we could do on a case by case basis. No idea about price but I'm sure it's something we could do if there's interest. BTW, the plastic "Slick Plate" pieces will be available in white or black to be a little more stealth.

How much is the gas skid going to be? Also will the gas skid mount without the other pieces? Id be interested if I could mount it solely on it's own.
No actual prices yet, but we should have individual pieces available. And yes, the gas tank skid is a totally independent piece, able to mount without any of the others. We designed it as a modular system because I knew the gas tank skid would be the most popular of them all.

I should have more for everyone soon. I'm still waiting on my first shipment of shift knobs at the moment!

- Patrick

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
And yes, the gas tank skid is a totally independent piece, able to mount without any of the others. We designed it as a modular system because I knew the gas tank skid would be the most popular of them all.

- Patrick
That's great news. I'll definitley be getting one of those.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I was hoping to have shift knobs here to sell already, they were supposed to be on the way from the manufacturer but they've been delayed for some reason. Everyone who was interested in the shift knobs will get a PM tomorrow on an update.

- Patrick

·
Registered
952 Posts
What about the skids...

·
Registered
315 Posts
LC, love the knobs. What does the logo say in "red?" I will want a pair (6MT).

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LC, love the knobs. What does the logo say in "red?" I will want a pair (6MT).
The logo is our "IMP" Iron Mountain Performance logo. I should have them in stock shortly! Like I said, they were supposed to be here already :fight:

What about the skids...
Hopefully I'll have an update on that by the end of the week. I've got a big family vacation coming up very soon so I'm projecting we'll be able to start taking orders and shipping around the first of January. I want a few sets in stock before I start shipping, but I'll take names of people interested so I can contact them when we're ready.

- Patrick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts