Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
What the heck is that flip-top thingie on the dash top above the steering wheel? Is that the GPS system? This was the first time that I'd seen Toyota announcing a Garmin option, but that seems like an odd space for a nav screen (or anything else). What is it?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah the flip top thingie on the dash board was my main concern with these pictures as well. Are you kidding? If Toyota is going to be so sneaky as to use sex to sell this car...well then I am sold. Consider me on the deposit list.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Pathetic, but expected.
All this talk recently about black human rights and look how women are still being treated?! It belittles both sexes to do this kinda crap. The worst part about the auto industry, the second being how they encourage people to go off-trail and ruin the environment, in the pursuit of 'freedom'. Lame, really lame. Cut the crap & give me the truck Toyota.

·
Registered
35 Posts
rcd said:
Pathetic, but expected.
All this talk recently about black human rights and look how women are still being treated?! It belittles both sexes to do this kinda crap. The worst part about the auto industry, the second being how they encourage people to go off-trail and ruin the environment, in the pursuit of 'freedom'. Lame, really lame. Cut the crap & give me the truck Toyota.
I could not agree more, I think the second from the left is really hot! :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yep, exactly the kind of reply I expected. F.Y.I. here are lots of other 'forums' out there that are better suited for talking about 'hot chicks' but I'm sure you already know that. Get the ladies outta the way, get them real jobs & let me see the truck I say. That is why I am on this forum-info & talk regarding the FJ cruiser. I know, now the next post is supposed to say ' I like the second from the right' & on we go off topic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are they a genuine Toyota accessory or aftermarket? They do have the Toyota logo of approval :)

So to get back on topic: Will the FJ be a chick magnet?

·
Registered
88 Posts
RCD,

I am particularly interested in your observation that excessive off-roading does environmental damage. You're the first person on any FJ board I've seen that acknowledges the impacts of off-roading.

Here in the Southeast, we have tremendous erosion problems associated with unpaved trails. We have mountains of data showing topsoil loss and damage to freshwater fisheries (including detrimental impacts to recreational sports fishing) due to runoff from unpaved trails and roads. We've also seen a number of horribly invasive species, such as fire ants and several Asian grasses, use trail-related soil disturbances as part of their distribution strategy.

To be fair, I must also point out that its not just unpaved trails that are causing problems- there is also plenty of data saying that runoff from paved roads (containing oil and other vehicle-related chemicals) is a primary polluter of our favorite fishin' holes.

I'm not throwing stones- I realize that some of my own "commute" contributes to the problem; and while I may bitch about off-roading as something I "have" to do, I admit I secretly enjoy it. On the other hand, I always recommend my clients gate and rehab as many road-miles as possible. Either way, I'm in no position to criticize folks that enjoy recreational off-roading- I just ask that they do so responsibly, in moderation, and with the knowledge that they may be damaging the same great outdoors they so dearly love.

Thanks RCD for bringing up the point. I'll remain silent regarding the objectification of females to sell trucks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry, back on topic. Here is a great pic with the doors open.

Notice the nice clear space between the A and C pilars. It makes you feel like to can dive right in!

If you look close, I believe there may be a lift kit installed allowing for larger tires. I believe a suspension upgrade is also included to support the larger tires.

·
Registered
181 Posts
rcd said:
Pathetic, but expected.
Uummm.....it was a joke, lighten up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
#1. Grass grows back. Do you want me to send you some links on photosynthesis and the whole plant growth process?

#2. I think you are either of the homosexual persuasion (which is cool) or you are a Nissan employee. I mean how else can you not see that the second one from the left is clear and obvious proof that you should buy this vehicle. Do you think she dresses like that and looks all cute because she is paid to? You are naive...she does it because she loves the car and she wants to love you. Just give her a chance.

#3. Excessive _________(verb) does environmental damage. My favorites are "crying like a baby" and "unappreciation of females".

#4. UCFJWH and I must be long lost brothers. The approval of the window for surf boards and the second from the left. Solid.

Technically we are on topic. There is a vehicle with five extremely attractive females.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UCFJWH said:
If you look close, I believe there may be a lift kit installed allowing for larger tires. I believe a suspension upgrade is also included to support the larger tires.
UCFJWH,

see what you can make out of this pic. I can't make out the top line under mods, maybe that is the lift. As for tires, the "stock" FJ is supposed to have P265/70R17 tires. This one has P285/70R17's. Basically 31.6" tires vs 32.7"

-Granger

·
Registered
228 Posts
Donuhoe Racing adjustable coil-overs(?) with adjustable ride height from 2-3 inches.

i believe that is what it says.

·
Registered
35 Posts
AHHHH......
"donahue racing adjustable coil-overs with adjustable ride over 2 -3"

That explains a lot. My intial thought was a hydralic lift but it turns out to be neumatic. Upon closer inspection, the lift does appear to be minimal with only slightly larger tires, I've seen bigger.

Csherrill - Word up my brother!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts