Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Awesome looking wheels. Although they don't look like fun to clean.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just had the matte gray TRD wheels put on my silver FJ. I love the gray tones on it now!

Mounted up with some Bridgestone Blizzak 265/70r17 tires for ski season.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
This style TRD is a homerun! Its been a while since anyone's posted to this forum but I wanted to toss out a question to the guy who are running these wheels.

From documentation it appears the wheels are 17"x7". I'm considering buying a set and mounting 285/70's or 295/70's. The tire manufacturers recommend wheels wider than 7". For instance Nitto states the approved rim width is 7.5" up 9.5 or 10" based on tire size.

What's the general consensus from user experience running the larger tires on these wheels? Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am still running my stock tires on these wheels, but I have seen others post that the 285s do fit on these wheels. Not sure about larger tires than that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
really like the look of these wheels. don't they weigh like 28 pounds each?

also whats the backspacing, are these any wider than the OEM alloys?

·
Registered
586 Posts
really like the look of these wheels. don't they weigh like 28 pounds each?

also whats the backspacing, are these any wider than the OEM alloys?
Not sure about the weight, but they are not wider than OEM alloys, as my OEM wheels barely fit into the shipping boxes for these wheels.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
They are 17x7", my concern was also with the width and larger tires. I agree that they look great, but rims smaller in width than my factory alloys seems like a questionable purchase, IMO.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts