Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I love the look of Ravenwood rig. I also have the Quicksand and plan to install the same trd wells however the 2017 tacoma trd pro will have some stunning wheels that are apperently 17x8. I may wait to see exactly what comes out and see if they are available.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I found some knock off wheels on ebay listed as 17x8, and sent a message to them and they replied that theirs are indeed 17x8. I may end up ordering those before too long, and if theyre not as described they'll either get sent back or sold. If tire manufactures recommend a certain wheel width for certain tire sizes im gonna listen. I never knew that 285 is an issue on a 7" wide tire. Im gonna get away from treadwright and try the mastercraft MXT.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
There really shouldn't be a problem with 285s on a 7" rim. The Off-road package 16" alloys are 7" wide. I put 295s on them totally problem free. People put 315s on the OEM 7.5s too.

Heck. We'd put 285/40s on 17" Mustang wheels all day long. On an FJ they go on and fit just like stock size tires do. I think people just worry too much :-D

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I put 285/75R17 Toyos, clearance is tight with a 3" lift but no rubbing so far.

IMG_1454 by C-GCLL, on Flickr

·
Registered
290 Posts
Anyone know if the HiLift wheel lift kit will fit into the shapes of this wheel? Might be getting these pretty quick but want to be sure I can lift them as easy as I can my stock alloys. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought a set of 5 of these rims a couple months ago at my local toyota dealer for $900 out the door. I think they look bada$$ on my fj. Currently running 285.70.17 on them without issue. .

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
I bought a set of 5 of these rims a couple months ago at my local toyota dealer for $900 out the door. I think they look bada$$ on my fj. Currently running 285.70.17 on them without issue. .
TRDParts4U has them in black ( PTR20-35110-BK ): TRD Pro style Black 17 x 7 Wheel (1) PTR20-35110-BK

And graphite ( PTR20-35110-GR ): TRD Pro style Graphite 17 Wheel PTR20-35110-GR

For $186.90/wheel. Yours were $180/wheel, pretty good.

For everybody else, either buy through TRDParts4U or google search the part #'s and see who has a better deal.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
damn I didn't realize the real TRD ones could be had for that price, I was gonna go the eBay route but I think I'll go legit for the small amount more

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
The best part about it was I had them immediately, with no shipping costs. :rocker:
But you paid sales tax :rofl:

I buy most of my guns online these days, because FFL fees + shipping costs are still less than the sales tax of buying them locally (and that assumes you can get what I'm buying locally).

Either way, I'm surprised that your dealership stocked enough of these to make the sale. It's nice that they did though :rocker:

I've been a huge fan of these wheels since Toyota brought the FJ-S to Summit. My only gripe is that they're 17's, so you're losing a little bit of sidewall for wheeling.

·
Registered
152 Posts
But you paid sales tax :rofl:

I buy most of my guns online these days, because FFL fees + shipping costs are still less than the sales tax of buying them locally (and that assumes you can get what I'm buying locally).

Either way, I'm surprised that your dealership stocked enough of these to make the sale. It's nice that they did though :rocker:

I've been a huge fan of these wheels since Toyota brought the FJ-S to Summit. My only gripe is that they're 17's, so you're losing a little bit of sidewall for wheeling.
$900 out the door including tax. I found a set of 5 on eBay for $899.95 w/ free shipping then went to my toyota dealer and asked them if they could match that price. I told them If not its cool because I can just buy them online and wait. So he looked them and said sure no problem. He started ringing it up and statedtthe total was like $950 or somethin. I told him that iisn't going to work for me because I wouldn' pay tax on tthe Internet purchase. He exclaimed "That sucks" refigured the price to $900 and I bought my rims. Long winded but dealerships want to sell product also so I'msure most will work with you. Bev Smith Toyota out of Fort Pierce Florida has random specials on eBay and that's the toyota dealerships ad I used to get my price.
:wink

EBay search: seller:bevsmithtoyota1010 fj

Sry about the typos. I'm on my phone.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Jimmy B, I'm an online FFL dealer called Ordnance Outsellers, and you are right buying online is cheaper, as prices are usually better and factoring in no sales tax, However, it only works very well with more expensive guns, where sales tax is considerable. I sell more Sigs than anything else, so usually works well.

When my stock BFG's on my 11 TT wear out, definitely want those 17 TRD's!

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Jimmy B, I'm an online FFL dealer called Ordnance Outsellers, and you are right buying online is cheaper, as prices are usually better and factoring in no sales tax, However, it only works very well with more expensive guns, where sales tax is considerable. I sell more Sigs than anything else, so usually works well.
The price point for me where it makes sense to go online is usually around ~$600. $25 shipping + $20 FFL vs $48 (8%) sales taxes. Since most of what I buy is higher than that (H&K's, expensive like the Sigs) I normally just default to online.

Sounds like he paid $900 including tax for the wheels, which is a big discount over even online. Sounds like he found a parts manager who needed some sales :rocker:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I won a set of these at Jambo last year in the graphite color.
I have yet to put them on, since Discount wanted to charge like $50 a tire to swap them out.
I'll be buying new tires in the not too distant future and then I'll use the new TRD wheels.
The stock rims will end up being powder coated black and wait till the next time I buy tires :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love your tires, quick question are you running TRD pro rims 17x7, with the 285's all else stock no Lift and no Rub??? Because that's what I'm looking for...Thanks Dave

41 - 60 of 65 Posts