Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I do this a lot myself. I make a post than realize the thread is 3 years old. I'm sure more updated info to your question in one of the many recent wheel/tire threads.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is an old thread, but the guy I worked with at the last shop had these on his 4runner. Very sharp looking

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
OEM wheels have an offset of 15mm. The TRD SEMA wheels that I see on eBay have a 4mm offset. Is that what you got and if so, does that matter?
  • Stock FJ wheels = 7.5" wide + ~1.0" for bead width = 8.5" width with 4.25" centerline + 15 mm (0.59") = 4.84" backspacing.
  • TRD SEMA wheels = 7.0" wide + ~1.0" for bead width = 8.0" width with 4.00" centerline + 4mm (0.16") = 4.16" backspacing.
This means that the back of the rim/tire will be 0.68" further out from the upper control arm (e.g. more clearance which is a good thing). will also move the street side 0.68" further out but the rim width is 0.50" less...so street side of rim will be about 0.18" further out than stock. This is without accounting for increase tire bulge because you are using a smaller width rim 7.0" vs. 7.5"

Net result of all that is......shouldn't be a problem on the FJ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
  • Stock FJ wheels = 7.5" wide + ~1.0" for bead width = 8.5" width with 4.25" centerline + 15 mm (0.59") = 4.84" backspacing.
  • TRD SEMA wheels = 7.0" wide + ~1.0" for bead width = 8.0" width with 4.00" centerline + 4mm (0.16") = 4.16" backspacing.
This means that the back of the rim/tire will be 0.68" further out from the upper control arm (e.g. more clearance which is a good thing). will also move the street side 0.68" further out but the rim width is 0.50" less...so street side of rim will be about 0.18" further out than stock. This is without accounting for increase tire bulge because you are using a smaller width rim 7.0" vs. 7.5"

Net result of all that is......shouldn't be a problem on the FJ.
Thank you for the clear explanation. It all makes sense to me now.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts