Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my FJ exactly one month ago today. My other car is a bright red 2001 BMW 325Ci with the manual trans... had it since '02 and it has less than 80k miles. In contrast, I already put 2000 miles on the FJ!

In other words, I LOVE driving the FJ! Maybe I just got a good one but mine handles great on the road... sure the BMW will take a curve faster but the FJ is just a blast to drive!

I've done a bit of off road racing in the past and I have to say I'm equally impressed with the FJ off road.

(It does one strange thing though... it seems to swerve towards puddles on the road. But come to think of it, that only started after I installed the used rock rails I got from MudlovingFJ :) The first of what will probably be a long list of mods)

Great forum! Lots of info and advice. I'm happy to be here.

P.S. Anyone wanna buy a nice BMW? It seems to stay parked most of the time lately! :)

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,040 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought my FJ exactly one month ago today. My other car is a bright red 2001 BMW 325Ci with the manual trans... had it since '02 and it has less than 80k miles. In contrast, I already put 2000 miles on the FJ!

In other words, I LOVE driving the FJ! Maybe I just got a good one but mine handles great on the road... sure the BMW will take a curve faster but the FJ is just a blast to drive!

I've done a bit of off road racing in the past and I have to say I'm equally impressed with the FJ off road.
wow, im semi-glad to hear that Mark.

i juss got my FJ yesterday and was debating and torn between the FJ and a 2004 BMW 330i with the M-package. MAN IT WAS NICE. Suede interior wit carbon fiber trim, sunroof, suspension n all!! it was SWEEET!

but as u can tell in the end i chose the cheap-interior-bad-visibility-two-power-window FJ.....your statement has made a notch in my confidence in my choice!!

Good luck to both you and I, may we learn all that we can here!!:bananahump-slvrathl

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, im semi-glad to hear that Mark.

i juss got my FJ yesterday and was debating and torn between the FJ and a 2004 BMW 330i with the M-package. MAN IT WAS NICE. Suede interior wit carbon fiber trim, sunroof, suspension n all!! it was SWEEET!

but as u can tell in the end i chose the cheap-interior-bad-visibility-two-power-window FJ.....your statement has made a notch in my confidence in my choice!!

Good luck to both you and I, may we learn all that we can here!!:bananahump-slvrathl
Hmmm... I don't consider the FJ interior "cheap"... I find it practical and worry-free. :)

And I think the visibility is BETTER in the FJ than the BMW. You sit so high you can see over the top of almost everything. And it has the BEST mirrors of any vehicle I've ever had. If they aren't in the mirror, a quick glance out the side window tells me I'm clear. (no straining my neck to look out the rear side window) There's less of a blind spot than most cars in my opinion. The BMW has this cool motorized mirror on the passenger side that tilts down so you can see the curb when you put it in reverse. I don't need that on the FJ, I can see the curb just fine without any adjustments.

The BMW is a great car... but I don't think you went wrong with the FJ.

Good luck to you as well!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
And you don't have to worry about spilling your coffe in the FJ. Welcome aboard MarkT !

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
And you won't have to worry about someone trying to jack your ride. Welcome.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats on the semi-new FJ and welcome to the forum. Glad you're liking the FJ. Seems like we have quite a few BMW converts which is interesting.

-Jade

1 - 12 of 12 Posts