Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sept. 28th Trail Team 101, off road skills & the FJ Cruiser

The Trail Team will be at the Cruisin’ the Woods 2007 event for Sept. 28th and 29th. The official event is Sept. 29th and is ran as a Poker style run with challenges at each check point. (Fun for everyone!) More event info here along with registration: Cascade Cruiser Events

On Friday the 28th Metal-tech is working with the FJ Cruiser Trail Team to host “Trail Team 101”. This will be actual trail running and training by the Trail Team members on basic off road skills and specific skills directly related to our FJ Cruisers. There is no fee for this as it’s hosted by the Trail Team for all FJ Cruiser owners. (Or soon to be owners!*) We do ask that you register for the Cruisin’ the Woods Event as that’s the main event for the weekend. All TLCA event rules apply. We have to keep the class to a specific size; (still working on the numbers with the West Coast TT) so pre-registration is strongly suggested as the first people registered will be in the class.

Once we have worked the final details out (times, duration etc.) they will be e-mailed to you. If there is an overwhelming response I will see if we can do a morning and afternoon class, with guided wheeling in between.

All FJ Cruiser Participants will receive a Metal-tech Pint glass and be entered into a same day drawing for a Metal-tech FJ Cruiser front bumper.

To Register for the Friday September 28th Trail Team 101 please e-mail the following information to [email protected] .

Name:
On Line name:
E-mail address:
Phone number:
Mail address:
Are you registered for Cruisin’ the Woods or will you be before Sept. 28th? (Y/N)
Do you have room for a guest to ride with you? (Y/N)
*Would you like to ride as a guest (Y/N)

*If you don’t have an FJ Cruiser yet or don’t necessarily wish to take your truck on the trail, you are still welcome as space is available by volunteers.

IF you have any questions please just post them up!

Mark

·
Registered
540 Posts
Okay, sent you my registration! :bananahump-slvrathl Looks like I'll have to submit a sick note that day :cowsmile:

·
Registered
210 Posts
You've got mail!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Couple question:
- I'm a stock FJ (see sign) and it's my daily driver, is this something for me? I'm wanting to come and have fun but not damage the only vehicle I have for work!
- How far from the Coos Bay Area of Oregon?

Thanks,
Michigan Transplant till October

·
Registered
540 Posts
Couple question:
- I'm a stock FJ (see sign) and it's my daily driver, is this something for me? I'm wanting to come and have fun but not damage the only vehicle I have for work!
- How far from the Coos Bay Area of Oregon?

Thanks,
Michigan Transplant till October
from: coos bay, OR to: S Fork Gales Creek Rd @45.649670, -123.317210 - Google Maps

Browns Camp OHV Area

It'll be a bit of a drive, but worth it :grinbiginvert: ! If I were you, I'd drive along the coast!

·
Registered
418 Posts
:bump: Suprised this isn't getting more response. I check every day thinking there would be new posts.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Received email confirmation for the 29th and emailed Mark to register for 101 on the 28th. Pumped up and ready to go.:blueblob:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Fyrrwin, Beaterbop: Are you talking about hearing back from the Cascade Cruisers about the Saturday run?

I know I emailed the contact from the website several weeks ago and have yet to hear back from them. I signed up for the Trail team class right away.
Cascade Cruisers had the snail mail registration from their website for Cruisin the woods on Saturday the 28th. (actually there's a link on the cuisin the woods thread on the forum) I talked to them last Thursday and mailed same day.

The Trail Teams 101 signup was to be emailed to [email protected] per Helocat's instructions. (first post in this thread) Thats who I haven't heard from. Figured I would PM them if I didn't hear back by tues of this week. Understand they've been very busy.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I mailed off my regestration for the main event, just have not heard back about the trail team event.
Mark (Helocat) from Metal Tech is putting this together, he started this thread to inform everyone and will update it as the event gets closer. It's on the TT schedule. I am hoping to be there as well!

-Bill

1 - 20 of 29 Posts