Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations to Montana Tailgunner, FJCruiserForums member of the month for September!!

MuddyGrrl: What are your future plans for the FJ?

MontanaTailgunner: I saw the Rasta aluminum skids in 4WD Toyota Owner magazine and they look pretty awesome. It’s a full skid front to rear. Maybe some more Star Wars graphics as well.

MG: What will your FJ look like years from now?

MT: It will probably have a few more pinstripes and a ding or two, but it’s a tough rig so I don’t think it will look too different. I like the way it looks right now, so I don’t want it to change.

MG: What will you look back on and remember most?

MT: Summits, Fixing Todd’s rig, running trails with everyone, Moab, my friends on the Trail Team, my dad riding shotgun, all the friends I’ve made, all the support and confidence the Forum has given me, and being adopted by a totally cool mom.

MG: What has the forum done for you and what can the forum learn from you?

MT: I joined the Forum after the first Summit. I wanted to join the FJ community and dad was all for it. Everyone welcomed me right away. When I started posting about trail runs and spotting I was really encouraged and given good advice. One time I really screwed up a spot and was feeling pretty bad and Shadow was there to cheer me up. I really appreciated that. I have made so many friends I can’t imagine not being on the Forum.

I take being on the Forum very seriously. I try to be respectful to everyone and be positive in all my post. To me everyone here is a part of my FJ family. All families fight and the Forum is no different but it does make me sad. We can all choose to be positive or disruptive, the choice is ours. Do we need to flame someone to make our point. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. Quick to listen, slow to anger, slow to speak.

MG: What is the most unusual thing about you?

MT: I’m just an average 13 year old, but for 8 or 9 years I’ve been doing tv commercials. I’ve played a lot of parts: James Bond, Indiana Jones, the Lone Ranger, Prince Charming, Karate Kid, Batman/Superman, there are probably more that I am forgetting. They run in the Four Corners area and also in the Grand Junction/Montrose area. I’m also a pretty good driver/spotter.

MG: What was the best day of your life?

MT: The day my son was born… oh, the day I met my wife…. Huh, I’m only 13 so that’s a pretty hard question. I’ll have to get back to you on that one.

MG: Where or what is your most desired adventure/excursion?

MT: Dad and I are going to do something cool. We are going to wait till I get my license so I can drive. Lance has really inspired me with his excursion and post. We talked about a number of things but the big one right now is to drive to the Artic circle. I know it’s been done but I would like to drive it myself, with dad at shotgun of course.

MG: What is you favorite trail/trip?

MT: Top of the World is a big one because that was the first time I got to be a trail leader. Rich, Mike, and Jake were awesome letting me lead that one. Thanks guys! Alpine Loop is a great trail too. Not very technical, but very beautiful. The Summit is an awesome trip matched only by Moab. We also have some great trails here at home.

MG: What is your favorite mod to date?

MT: The Mandalorian bantha skull graphic on the side of our rig.

MG: What mod would you not do again?

MT: The Toyota oem skid plate. It hangs to low for rock crawling. We have a Demello skid now and it’s awesome.

MG: What does your FJ do for you? How has it affected your life?

MT: It gives me the power to drive and go were most 13 year olds will never go (until they’re older maybe). It also, lets me hang out with people older than me and still have a common interest.
It’s brought dad and I closer together. We run trails and go on trips together. I’ve also just made a ton of friends meeting other Fj’ers. All because of a truck, how cool is that!

MG: What other recreation do you enjoy?

MT: I enjoy Scouting. We go camping and do lots of fun things. My friends and I all like playing airsoft. Video games are kinda fun too!

MG: Who are you in real life?

MT: I’m a 13 year old boy who wants to make a difference in the world.

MG: Why did you buy your FJ?

MT: I had originally talked my dad into buying a Mustang. He’s owned several and the plan was he drives it for a couple of years then sells it to me when I get my license. On the way to the Ford dealership dad pulled into Toyota. It was love at first sight. We never even made it to the Ford dealership.

MG: How do you expect your mods to benefit you?

MT: More clearance + more protection = More Fun! The mods increase the number of places we can safely go.

MG: What is your favorite music?

MT: Music isn’t a big thing right now, but I do have some favorite songs I like to listen to when we run trails.
An American Band – GFR
Right Place, Wrong Time – Dr John
Sweet Home Alabama – Skynyrd
Jump – Van Halen

MG: Did you have a previous vehicle that was as fun as your FJ?

MT: When I was four, for my birthday I got a pedal powered fire truck! It was awesome! Fire engine red with 2 ladders, a fire hose, and a bell. Every kids dream! I loved that truck.

MG: What is your favorite food?

MT: Tacos, pizza, and spaghetti!

MG: How & why do you participate on the Forum?

MT: I like to be able to catch up with my friends. I like to make new friends. I like to see what others have done with their rigs. I like to see what events are coming up. There is always something you can learn on the Forum.

MG: I, state your name…

MT: I, Montana Tailgunner, will do my best to God and my country, to obey the Scout law, to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight. To Tread Lightly, help my fellow off-roaders, and make this Forum proud!

MG: You’re always referred to as “mature” and “wise”. To what do you attribute these characteristics?

MT: The Bible tells us to seek wisdom, so that is what I do. I like to read books that will make me successful. My parents are probably the biggest influence on my life. I’m blessed to have good parents. One of the big decisions that you can make is your choice of friends. You can’t soar with eagles if you’re hanging out with turkeys.
Being mature is being respectful of others and respect is earned. When I post I want to earn respect, so I try to write post that are mature. I run things past dad and use my dictionary. One of my mom’s favorite sayings is “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”. Think before you post, that’s my motto.

MG: Look down the road of life five years. What will you be doing?

MT: I’ll be a freshman in college. I’ll be able to vote. I’ll be driving an FJ Cruiser. Sounds good to me!

MG: Lots of us in the FJ Cruiser crowd tease about being big kids. How do you plan to keep the kid alive in you?

MT: My dad is the biggest kid in the world, when it’s appropriate. I’m sure a trip to Disney World every so often will help. Trips to the Summit will also bring out the kid in you. I think the secret is to always have fun!

MG: Do your classmates know that you’re an off-road driver? How do they react when you come to school on Monday morning with your incredible stories?

MT: Well I’m home schooled so I don’t have the typical classroom. I am involved in our youth group at church, Boy Scouts, home school group and my friends, so I am never lonely. We take my friends out trailing with us so they know how fun it can be. We took my friend Ian over one intense obstacle, after that he got out and walked. I have great friends so it’s not a big deal.

MG: If you suddenly found yourself with $1,000, what would you do with it?

MT: If I found it I would have to turn it in and try to find the rightful owner. If some one just gave me a $1,000 I would put it in my bank account. I have to buy that FJ when I get my license.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Great interview! Thank you Mo and MT!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Congratulations MT! I will have my 10 and 13 year old sons read this. They have previously read and seen your adventures and posts. Keep at it!

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Best member of the month interview ever!!! :D
X2!!!!!!
Montana your an inspiration to many of us, to see a "kid" put the adults in there place whether its wheeling, spotting, or in your words. I'm glad I had the pleasure to meet you at the summit while working on Todd's FJ. Keep up the good work and you will do great things for God and your Country. :)

Oh ya, your fire truck rocks. :rocker:

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Montana,

Congrats on the position of Member of the month. I'm proud to call you my friend.

Great interview Maureen!

BTW, I always wanted that fire engine too. It's cool that you actully got to "wheel" in one. :)

GGM

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
great interview!!!
I am glad I got a chance to meet you at the summit.
I think at next years summit we will have to swap places at the kids drawing. I will pull the tickets and you can MC.

ps. if you ever make it to the south east and want to go wheeling I will copilot for you in my FJ.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Congrats to you Montana. I wish that you could have met our 13yro son, but he was in Japan during the Summit. One day.

You are an awesome boy. You should go far in life.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
wise beyond his years for sure

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Best member of the month interview ever!!! :D
X2!!!!!!
Montana your an inspiration to many of us, to see a "kid" put the adults in there place whether its wheeling, spotting, or in your words. I'm glad I had the pleasure to meet you at the summit while working on Todd's FJ. Keep up the good work and you will do great things for God and your Country. :)

Oh ya, your fire truck rocks. :rocker:

X2....Montana you are the BEST buddy!

You are what this forum is ALL ABOUT! Best interview and thread on the forum. I wish more members including myself used your wisdom when it comes to posting my friend. Take care buddy, see you again next year :cheers: (RootBeer)

Mike :)

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
MT,

Dude you continue to greatly impress Shirley and I!!! Congrats on being our September Member of the Month! You richly deserve it!!!

Mo, fantastic interview too!

cheers,

dale

1 - 20 of 94 Posts