Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

September's Ride of the Month Contest

6K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
Welcome to September's Ride of the Month Contest!

Cloud Sky Tire Automotive carrying rack Wheel

@BOBTAILFJ Winner of July's ROTM Contest.

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

See less See more
#2 ·
OK so this month I'm in
Here goes...

Mine is 2008 black diamond AT (bought at 2014)
My first and only 4x4 car, don't plan on changing 😁
got it stock with E-locker and A-trac.

I love it cause it takes me to places I wouldn't reach otherwise and it just takes all you throw at her, with grace I must add.

Been climbing volcanos, plowing in snow, driving through mud, speeding through dunes or just driving to the beach... And each and every time it just feel great to get in, turn the key and drive. I love how it stays comfy and handles well no matter what I do to her or what I add or change.

But what I love the most is that my daughter (3.5y) simply loves to go inside, she asks to take my car to wherever we go and she always ask for "jumping jumping" (her way to say off road 🥰)

List of mods (not all for sure but the main ones) :
BFG 305/16/70 KO2's
TRD rims
BMC
DIFF drop
Smittybilt M1 Front and rear bumper
XRC 9500 winch
Icon stage 2 suspension with tubolars
Off Road Garage Snorkel
Skids : Ricochet / Icon / RCI
Toytec rear arms and panhard
MBRP 2.5 cat back exhaust
Rigid Industries lights

And lots of other fun stuff inside and out...

Hope you like it... I know I do 😅

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Automotive carrying rack
Tire Wheel Cloud Plant Vehicle
Plant Land vehicle Car Tire Vehicle

#3 · (Edited)
Upgrades:
Expedition Roof rack
Prerunner bumper w/working winch
Rock lights
80Series looking Land Cruiser wheels
Dick Cepek Extreme Country tires
Snorkel
battery relocation kit
Body chop
King suspension 10mm lift

Favorite aspect: I can take it anywhere.. favorite memory, Taking on tough obstacles on Fins and Things

Tire Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Brown Sky Ecoregion Mountain Bedrock
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Cloud Car

#4 ·
#7 · (Edited)
2008 Option 2 Pkg.
200k Club

Replaced wheels with ‘21 4Runner Special Trail Edition
New seat covers
LED mirror and reverse bulbs
My very own Gorilla Mats..search my posting
TRD badging and sticker from previous owner…thinking about removing.

Favorite memory is watching my daughter learn to drive high up and checking that blind spot.

Best ride, home from the Appalachian Mt. on day 1 this year after my first Tacoma was in 1992 and 4Runner in 1998. This is my throwback classic!

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive carrying rack
Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Car

#10 ·
This is my Brick 2008 FJ Cruiser.
I purchased this car a little over 4 years ago. It was my first car, and when I bought it, it was bone stock and didn't even have a roof rack. I'm now sitting at 198k miles and am hoping to join the 200k club soon. Since buying it, I've done a lot, so I'll list them below.

Roof rack off wrecked FJ
LED Light Bar
LED headlights and mirror lights
Eibach lift kit
NFAB front bumper
Method Race Wheels (MW305)
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities (still 32")
Aftermarket head unit
Aftermarket shifter and 4wd shifter
Front sway bar delete
Magnaflow Exhaust
Rear Ladder
Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

(Yellow Jeep is my roommates)
Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel Car

#13 ·
Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Car

Reactions: BOBTAILFJ
#14 ·
Hey Everyone,

The Names Duncan, This is my first post on the forum. I own a 2011 FJ Cruiser Manual Transmission in Cavalry blue with a rear locker and A-Trac. I purchased this FJ back in August of this year.

Living in Oregon it's in my blood to fish. I bought this truck to drive deep into the mountains of the PNW and truck camp while fishing out of my Hobie outback. So far my favorite memories have been driving to Crater Lake with my brother 1 Week after purchasing the truck to go on a family road rip. Driving through the wildfire smoke in my dead nuts reliable tank felt pretty satisfying.Taking it up the OHV trails near Diamond Lake was even more satisfying. Just yesterday I was over landing near Mt Hood to get as close to as close to Olallie butte as possible after the wildfires raged through. I can't wait for the memories that will follow.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Speedometer

-Duncan

Attachments

#15 ·
Hello,

My beast (2008 FJ manual) has been to Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, and Greece with me thus far. She has finally made it back to the States as of a month ago, but will be heading off to parts unknown next summer. Purchased her in 2012 in Kazakhstan from a guy who had her there since 2010. I knew nothing about off-road rigs (and still don't) but needed something to get around in. What a blast she's been all these years. Put her through a lot of work between Chechnya and Georgia border, so much so that I had to bring her in to a shop here in the States today to get a full shakedown after I failed to realize you actually have to slow down when off-roading and try not to hit every single obstacle in the road.

Spent less than $1000 on her in ten years so when they told me today I need new lift kit, tires, and rack and pinion totaling $6300, I for a second (and only a second) thought of selling her. Nope! She's got only 66,000 miles on her so...she'll be getting some needed minor surgery next week.

Currently running with 2.5 inch lift, Walker Evans coil over set up, and a bunch of other stuff that I still don't know how to use.
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Automotive carrying rack
Mountain Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Sky Tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Mountain Automotive carrying rack

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.