Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Sequoia Summit 2018

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  NyNomad 
#1 ·
Looks good for those who can't get a spot for this year's FJ summit.

https://summit.sequoia-forums.com/

Details from facebook:

Sequoia Summit 2018 (Not just for Sequoias)

Did you know the very first ever Sequoia Summit is this year and less than 8 months away!?

Everyone here asked for a centralized place for Sequoia Owners, Fans, and people generally interested in the Toyota Sequoia platform to come together and create an epic experience.

We've taken the time to research the location, set up trail guides, lock in lodging, and even set up family oriented activities for those who don't want to go on trail rides.

We need your help to get the word out to everyone that Sequoia Summit is happening August 3-5 2018 in Ridgway, Colorado and isn't exclusive to the Toyota Sequoia platform. Anyone who wants to go on an epic journey to beautiful Colorado is welcome.

Entry is extremely affordable at just $250 per campsite with enough room for 2 vehicles and 6 people. That's only $125per rig or $42 per person. When was the last time you went to an event that only cost $42/person?

We need to sell 24 more spaces to have the funds to reserve the entire campgrounds for the Summit Event and we have to lock those spaces in by the end of this month.

Please take the time to share the event in the other offroad groups your a part of and be sure to tell folks it's not just for Sequoias. (We'll be updating the website to reflect this better as well).

I look forward to meeting everyone in Colorado and want to thank everyone for their help in making this event a possibility.

Here is the link to order your spot:
https://summit.sequoia-forums.com

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this event. Just saw it on facebook and thought I would post it here

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Sequoia Summit

Interesting. I wonder how many newer Sequoias will make it out there? I honestly never really considered the newer ones to be very offroad worthy from my layman's perspective. My parents have an '04 and it might do alright on the trail with a couple modifications.

#3 ·

That sounds dope, I would bring the FJ out and have some fun tearing it up on the trails. My parents have a 2012 sequoia and it has a center diff lock, 4wd hi/lo and suspension adjustments. I think it'd do ok. But it's a large vehicle by any standards so the wheelbase might be an issue. I wish I lived near there though. I'm on the east coast and we don't have anything like that around us. I kind of want to plan something to get a bunch of FJ and toyota people to get together and have a good time. Maybe some jeeps are allowed. But only a couple

#4 ·

That sounds dope, I would bring the FJ out and have some fun tearing it up on the trails. My parents have a 2012 sequoia and it has a center diff lock, 4wd hi/lo and suspension adjustments. I think it'd do ok. But it's a large vehicle by any standards so the wheelbase might be an issue. I wish I lived near there though. I'm on the east coast and we don't have anything like that around us. I kind of want to plan something to get a bunch of FJ and toyota people to get together and have a good time. Maybe some jeeps are allowed. But only a couple
Is the Appalachian roundup near you? That looks like an awesome event too.

#5 ·

I live about an hour away from Ridgway and know the trails like the back of my hand. I’d volunteer to lead for them but there is no contact info on their website. Damned if I’m going to pay to run trails when I should be leading for free, or at least a generous discount. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.