Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a serious accident on the 401 highway in Toronto yesterday and today I'm trying to figure out who I should trust with the repairs and what questions I should ask. I was not at fault and am fully insured so I can choose to take it anywhere for repair. Does anyone with a similar experience have advice they'd like to share?

So far these are the two things I'm focusing on when questioning repair shops:

1. What's your process for ensuring that everything in the vehicle is restored to pre-accident condition?

2. How much experience do you have repairing FJs?

Any help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I took mine to a local shop (not a dealership) where I live that works on nothing but Toyota, Scion and Lexus. They worked with me to ensure that the frame was not tweaked (rear axle was bent). I used them to provide references as to whom to trust for work they could not perform (body shop). Bottom line is my FJ looks and runs like it did before the accident. AND the added repairs (bent axle and body danage) were covered by the other guys insurance (he was at fault) without question. I am pretty sure that the quality and professionalism of the shops I used helped with getting the unseen damages repaired without question.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I've had good experiences with CARSTAR in the past. But not with the FJ. Do you have one in the GTA near you. There website is CARSTAR Quality Collision Service.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I had mine done at Zenetec in Barrie. One of the guys there owns an fj. About 5 months after mine was done I found the paint didn't quite match. I took it in and they repainted it no questions asked.

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you have a good dealer that you've had good experiences with,I would take it there! You will be assured of getting OEM parts,plus you will have an easier time getting an issue fixed if there are any down the road! You will also get new warranties wit the replacement parts! Just my .02 :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts