Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got notified a few hours ago that several people I see at work died in Flagstaff AZ this afternoon.

Two medical helicopters collided near the hospital. 7 people died, and three are in critical condition. Rescuers on the ground were injured in a post crash explosion. This could be fuel or O2 tank letting go.

These people fly here to Farmington many times a year. I get to talk to them and make sure they get a snack or a bottle of water for the flight home.

I just feel so sick right now!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I got notified a few hours ago that several people I see at work died in Flagstaff AZ this afternoon.

Two medical helicopters collided near the hospital. 7 people died, and three are in critical condition. Rescuers on the ground were injured in a post crash explosion. This could be fuel or O2 tank letting go.

These people fly here to Farmington many times a year. I get to talk to them and make sure they get a snack or a bottle of water for the flight home.

I just feel so sick right now!
Wow....I read about this earlier. I read the story with interest because my hunny's brother is flying helis in the guard over the Cali fires right now.

So sorry. So much sadness lately.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hey Brian, I'm terribly sorry to hear about this. We have great men and women every day who risk their lives to serve the community and an accident like this is terrible. We'll say a prayer for everyone and if there is anything we can do just let us know. Phil

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Terrible tradgedy, people working to save lives and in doing so lose theirs (Sigh)!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just read about this story in the news. I'm VERY sorry you knew some of these brave people, and you feel the loss now. I feel very sad for you and their families.

Postee

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the kind words. Tomorrow is going to be a tough one at work.

But we will do what we do... learn and move on.

This comes after hearing that on Friday 3 were injured near Prescott AZ in another medical helicopter crash. I worked for that company for 12 years. Don't know if any of my old friends are still there, no names of the injured yet.

The helicopter I work on will be in Ouray on Friday of the Summit. Three great people will be onboard. How about we all give them a smile and a thank you.

Brian

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I just saw this in a SecretList.com email. There have been too many EMS helo crashes this year already. Prayers to all involved.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Sorry to hear this had to happen to you.

......May they rest in peace.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Very sad to hear of this. My prayers to all the families. :mecry:

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear this had to happen to you.

......May they rest in peace.

I will be okay, sad to say I've done this too many times before. Over the years I've gotten word at least 10 times that someone I worked with died in a helicopter. A couple didn't shock me. Other times it was just the finest pilot, one that I flew with for thousands of miles going across the country. Or one that could put the end of a 100 foot cable in my hands ever time to hook up a load. I'm so sorry it happened to them.

Again thanks for the kind words

·
Registered
293 Posts
I firmly believe that the people doing this kind of work TRULY love there jobs. So sad that they had to die doing it.Rest in Peace to all of them.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts