Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greg2308 and I, found this spot north off the 210 freeway up little tujunga canyon the road was called "Upper Marek" lots of fun. Some areas are definitely expert trails and I wouldnt do them with out a winch.

Quick steep hill greg made it up in a stock.

pic doesnt do it justice

theres a little cement circle at the top, predator steps just cleared on the stock

so steep going down had to hold the Jesus bar

One hill was very steep and had huge ruts a stock FJ is very unlikley to make it out.

WE both want to go bck and try this one with some one with recovery gear^

more to come.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
all of these were taken with my iPhone so excuse the quality

the iPhone can do fish eye?

we parked at the closed kagle truck trail :(

and now I know why its closed look at all this trash on the merek trail

I was just shocked how trashed it was at the trail head.

still a fun day and great trail that needs to be explored more!!!
:rocker:

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Great pics. You're right. The garbage is disgusting. Unfortunately, that pile was probably left by someone who doesn't even wheel but it still gives wheelers a black eye. Catch them and kick some buttocks. :fight:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hill in the middle is where we wanted to go but with a good chance of being stuck and just a one strap and nothing else we didnt want to risk it. So you valley guys with a full set of recovery gear need to join us next time.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I know what you mean by trash along the trails. Can't stand that. I rarely make it out of a trail run without a few trash bags of stuff for the dumpster at the gas station.

Nice looking trails, though. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean by trash along the trails. Can't stand that. I rarely make it out of a trail run without a few trash bags of stuff for the dumpster at the gas station.

Nice looking trails, though. :bigthumb:
That trash level was skip loader status! I actually would be embarrassed to bring some one who didnt live in the SFV on that trail, I would leave a very bad impression of The Valley.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Great pics, looks like a good time.
Discarded building material/construction debris (and furniture) seems to be what the piles of trash are lately, getting ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
17,153 Posts
Nice pics!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dang, I could have joined you guys today. I was lazy checking around the forums and laid out by the pool instead. I'll have to check that trail out sometime. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey... i had a lot of fun wheeling with you guys today. Thanks for posting up the pictures with a write up and everything.
Agree'd with everything you said really cool trail minus the trash layin around.

And yes... we DEF. have to go back there with someone who has a winch. I was DYING to go down that steep rutted descend. We just didn't want to risk it because if that trail led to a dead end it might have been impossible to come back up bcause it was rather steep.

Actually... i am willing to go back there anyday after work. Maybe we should organize a little group meet sometime next week.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
yea theres no exit use the round thing we drive to as a reference and look at where the trails go. Even looks like a abandon truck down the trail.

try this link good birds eye view Web browser and Live Maps are incompatible

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Working nicely Chats.

In this view, you can even see trash! upper marek - Google Maps
thanks
well at least the traffic is lite. So south of the round circle about 200 yards is as far as we got but we went down every other trail. Going over that radar pad was the best part, its about 2 feet off the ground but some one made a rock ramp to get on top of it. Only thing is the approach angle to it is so steep you cant see it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thursday 7/10/08 2:30 lets do it!! But I dont have recovery gear :mecry:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Those are some cool pics, looks like some fun wheeling in that trail!:rocker::cheers:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts