Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yup, it's been posted a lot before. At around 60-80 mph I feel the car shaking a bit. I got stuck in snow twice one snow storm and my alignment was all out of whack, got that fixed. Had the wheels balanced and that helped the shaking a good amount but it's still there. Not sure how to get rid of it, should I replace spindles or something? Any help or comments would help.

I have a 2007 TRD FJ
43,000 miles
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2's on XD Addict wheels
1.25 Wheel spacers
OME 886's with 3/4 top plate spacer

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you would think that I would know this by now after being on this forum for close to 3 years..... CAN A MOD move this thread im a dummy posted it in the wrong section :boohoo::wave:

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Some wheels can only be balanced so much. I'll bet it's the wheel(s)

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Go thorugh your running gear again to make sure nothing is out of whack. Snow maybe soft but it can do damage when you get stuck or are getting yourself unstuck.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go thorugh your running gear again to make sure nothing is out of whack. Snow maybe soft but it can do damage when you get stuck or are getting yourself unstuck.
Any specific parts I should look through?

·
Registered
180 Posts
besides the normal suspension check, check your u-joints. your tires may have slipped a belt too. i just traded my 09 silverado with 10k on it. it was bought back by gm once and i bought it. vibration was still there so i traded it for my fj. does the vibration shake the steering wheel,gas pedal and seat or all of the above? that's usually a sign of if its front or rear

·
Registered
937 Posts
Any specific parts I should look through?
1. How many miles on your tires? If they have not been rotated and have warn in a ware pattern they can be the cause.

2. Rear drive shaft. This is exposed and can take a good hit off road. Check it out and look for any dents. You can pull it and have a local drive line shop balance it and check the U joints at the same time. HOWEVER Toyota uses real good u-joints so not likely a U joint. Also the shafts are friction welded and balanced if its damaged its not easy for a typical drive line shop to fix the tube. They can balance but tube replacement needs to be a shop that knows their stuff.

With the speeds you are talking I would focus on the tires.

Good luck!

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts