Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Shiner Bohemian Black Lager

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  TrAiLbUs1 
#1 ·
Well I found the Shiner Bohemian Black Lager in middle Tennessee a couple of weeks ago and finally tried it. It is very clean and has a extremely good finish for a black lager.. A very good beer.. Now if I could only get a good hat, a Blue Sky cheese burger and pepper strips in Tennessee I'd be all set.. Ron

PS: I wouldn't say this around just anybody (i.e. wife) but a big ole blond Texican woman wouldn't hurt anything either.. Ya-all know.. teal wranglers, boots and a big white hat! LOL..

#2 ·
Black Lager, oh yeah....

I have a 12-pack sitting right next to 12-pack of Shiner Bock at home. Can't beat that combination, at all!

It's too bad I didn't bump into ya at the summit, I had some with me there, too...

#4 ·
We didn't do Ouray this summer, but it seems the trails were good. We did it last July in the Rubicon and will see it again next summer in the FJ. We sort-a burned the funds at both end last year (i.e. spring break at the beach, July on the road Moab and Ouray, Christmas week in Taos and spring break again at the beach! We're taking the summer off from roadtriping this year, but next summer... a six week grand tour of the US... coast to cost and back.. I'm missing the desert real bad however.. we may just have to do something this winter to tide us over.. LOL... Cheers.. Ron

#5 ·
True, it makes a great marinade for brats, for sure...

Recipe: Add a little Shiner, take a drink, add some Shiner, etc..

#6 ·
Exactly.. Justin Wilson is one of my heros and he always said.. "It take oone bootle and oone tee spoon.. den you drank the rest so iit not god bad".. "a liitle laater it need some moe, but you got anoter bottle".. LOL.. Ron

#7 ·
:bigthumb:A big thumbs up to Shiner Black Label!!! :bigthumb: We had a couple of six packs with us at the Summit and Shirley rationed it out to a few folks who almost begged for it... :lol: Me, I'm well trained and ask her if I can have a bottle! :lol:

It has been said that is is... "Jack Daniels black in a beer bottle"... I personally like it better!

BTW, it's even hard to find in Texas... :simmadown: But, next week we'll be renewing our supply! :rocker:

cheers, :cheers:

dale

#8 · (Edited)
It's strange, but Murfreesboro TN has the bast beer store in Tennessee. It's on Thompson near the Interstate and they have tons of stuff. My wife has a continuing ed class there every summer. So I go, hang out, drink beer and eat White Castles.. Ron

PS: I'm wanting to head down to the hill country for a week this winter.. Possibly Gruene, SA.. The more I talk about it, the more I miss it.. <<=:(

#9 ·
Blue Sky. Can you believe I have lived in the Amarillo area all my life and never eaten at Blue Sky?!? I am going to make a point of it this week. I'll report back and let you know how wonderful it is! :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.