Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I got my radflo coilovers and rear shocks put on yesterday. Cost me 1100 for the shocks and coilovers, and 400 for install.

I have to say I am more than pleased. My ride went from horribly rough and almost obnoxious on long trips, to smooth and factory like. So it is safe to say it was definately the shocks that came with the RC 6" kit causing the rough ride.

I also had radflo valve the shocks and coilovers for a factory like ride. It feels great, smooth as butter on the road.

I wish I had done this a year ago...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't been here in a while, but I have a 6" RC lift. I've had it for about 2 years now, and over all I'm pleased...

But its always rode a lil rough. RC says it is a problem with my install or a bad part. Over the last year I've had everything checked out, and I've come to the conclusion its just the way the lift rides...I call my FJ my mini dump truck, because I bounce along on any lil bump on the road with hardly any give...

My offroad shop says its the rear shocks that come with the RC kit.

Does anyone have some good recommendations for a pair of shocks for the rear that have a factory like ride quality (soft) on the road, but aren't horrible off road, and will accomadate the extra 6". (I spend much more time on road than off, so I'd prefer soft on the road)

The only option I have found is Radflo, but they want 220 for each shock. I'm looking for something like the bilstein 5100 which are 200 for a pair.

Also, my offroad shop keeps trying to talk me into putting the bilstien 5100 on the back, but from what I can tell they are only ment for 2.5" of lift. Anyone have the 5100's on their FJ with a 6" lift...

Thanks in advance for all the help...
I’m having the same problem does anyone here have a shock that will fit the rc6 lift in the rear can’t find them anywhere

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I’m having the same problem does anyone here have a shock that will fit the rc6 lift in the rear can’t find them anywhere

21 - 23 of 23 Posts