Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone game? Got a date in mind now April 16th 2011. that is a saturday. we will probably meet at the BP station on 29 but will worry about that later.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well by all means give us a heads up on the trail as i have not been in well over a year. i know the last time i went a couple of the stream crossings had washed out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Main trail is fine. The loop that is off to the left were the slick rock is was a little rutted out. The bypasses are really rutted and I found out some are too narrow for a tacoma :eek:

this little guy did the entire run including the loop only taking a strap once. It's like driveing a go-cart through the woods.

I almost got up slick rock, started hoping over towards that door crusher so I backed down.

This was almost a bad day. had the winch hooked up in the front and a come-a-long keeping me from caving in the bedside.

The trail had only 1 solid ice patch about 20' long. The main trail was a little worse compaired to the last time I was out there. But it's still a piece of cake. I wouldn't try many bypasses, seemed like I was getting hung up on everything................rear end, sliders, skids, muffler..........if you can name it, I managed to hit it this trip.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, great pictures. I know the trail has washed out majorly since i last went. i think every few years the forest service goes thru with a dozer and levels the trails but as the name is: minimally maintained. I am really looking forward to going now. Not sure if anyone else has feelings on it but i would prefer a later time so that it would be warmer out. we like to carry our grill along and cook out while on the trail.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a date in mind now April 16th 2011. That is a saturday. We will probably meet at the BP station on 29 but will worry about that later. Right now i have a truck count (head count) of 6 maybe 7 not counting racer who i know will be in. anyone else? i didn't post in the main trailride area as i didnt want to be 50+ trucks showing up. but if you know someone and want to invite feel free. if we did get alot of people, we would just have to split into a couple groups.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think I'm in. Anyone from richmond

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan on bringing the FJ and i will check with the wife on the cookies. i am pretty sure she will be willing to cook for you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not opposed to camping but it was made very clear to me many years ago that "camping" to my wife envolves heat or ac, a roof over your head and a bed. so i would say that we would not be camping. But hey if yall want to, please enjoy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TRUCK COUNT (none fj forum members) 2 jeeps, 1 explorer, 1 chevy, 1 toy p/u, 1 fj not on forum.

note: both jeeps are Rubicons and neither one has really tested them out. Should prove fun. The explorer has never been, the toy and chevy are regulars.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i might be in. i was planning to make a run maybe in mid feb like the 19th. but if that dos not work out i would be in and i would bring 2 but at least one other forum member from up here in pa/oh and there is a guy we know down your way with a white rubicon that went with us the last time he says he is in also.
i will watch this thread and keep you posted.
i was hoping to make a snow run. last year i was down there when you guys had a bout 18" on the mountain and fell in with a bunch of jeeps and we went most of the way up the main trial and 1 jeep kept breaking down (engine trouble) so we broke off and just went our own way. let me know if anyone watching this thread would be interested in doing a feb. trip also i may be in for both. my parents live 10 min from the trail so i make several trips a year there. in fact my dad just bought an 07 fj and would probably be in also for either.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Might be able to join you. If I go I might have with me a Tundra, 4Runner and Jeep Cherokee. I'll be coming from Va Beach, looks like a 3 hr ride...Is that right cuz I've never been there since this will be my first time out with FJC.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts