Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

One of my forward lower link mounting holes is elongated, and I'd like to have that fixed. In addition, it looks like both of the forward lower link mounts have taken a few hits, and need to be straightened and reinforced. Handling is manageable, but for once, I'd like to be able to relax while driving the FJ.

Can anyone recommend a shop in Illinois or Wisconsin (near Milwaukee) to have these issues addressed?

As always, thank you for your help!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,990 Posts
I would think any full service garage or even machinist could do the repair. But to prevent this from happening again - and it does happen rather easily - you should invest in some RCI skids to cover the mount. Then you can land your whole FJ on them with no damage, except maybe to your lower links themselves....which can/should be upgraded :wink

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hi everyone,

One of my forward lower link mounting holes is elongated, and I'd like to have that fixed. In addition, it looks like both of the forward lower link mounts have taken a few hits, and need to be straightened and reinforced. Handling is manageable, but for once, I'd like to be able to relax while driving the FJ.

Can anyone recommend a shop in Illinois or Wisconsin (near Milwaukee) to have these issues addressed?

As always, thank you for your help!
I recently installed the RCI skids that @debFJVT recommended. I'll never have to worry about damage to my mounts!

IMG_4480.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to you all! The FJ community really is the best! Trying to straighten every side of the existing link mounts sounds error-prone, so I'll pursue the RESZ Fab option, as I never want to think about this again. I should've thought of ChiTown 4x4! Thanks again!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been a while, but here's the update:

I installed Sonoran Steel lower links, and had ReszFab lower link mounts welded on at Frost Fabrication in Lake Villa, Illinois. Randy at Frost did an awesome job, and was great to work with. He also straightened my existing BMC cuts and welded in custom filler plates.

·
トヨタ Master
6,545 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts