Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on buying a rear bumper from them and everything seemed good until.....Well their website offers a 5% discount on purchases just for subscribing to their newsletter. So I do. When I open it up and try to click on the link to use my new discount, it leads me to a completely different website, shopjeepparts.com instead.

Hmmmm, shenanigans or or misunderstanding? Anyone ever deal with this site and if so, what's the verdict?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I've heard of the web site, but have never bought anything there or even been on the site. What you might want to do is try & pull a phone # off the web site & talk to a sales rep directly. I never order off the web without talking to a person from the Co. I just don't trust the totally automated systems. That's just me though. You can also shop around for the same bumper somewhere else, might even get a better price in doing so, you never know. Good Luck with that.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Well, did a bit of sniffing (all of 5min). The jeep site has a fax number. Searching with the fax I found that it belongs to
Z&W Off Road, Inc
441 Windstone Trail
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Ph. 678-520-7338
Fax. 866-688-6748
http://www.znwoffroad.com/ which is also
shopjeepparts.com, and is also shopfjparts.com

So give them a call....personally I never deal with sites that can't list a contact number.

Here is also a BBB lookup...
http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business...es/z-and-w-off-road-in-alpharetta-ga-27302020

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both, I appreciate the advice. What led me to that site was that it was the lowest price I could find on the Warn bumper, once I applied their discount. Another site has it priced lower with free shipping but I've read nothing but poor reviews for them ( autopartsdealers.com, read up on them first before ordering). I'm going to do what you guys suggested and just call them up tomorrow, thanks again.

·
Registered
483 Posts
use
purefjcruiser.com
or
fjcruiseraccessory.com
ive bought a boat load from both and theyre both reputable
pure fj may be a few dollars more than other competition, but its a great store

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I bought my warn rear bumper from streetsideauto.com they have free shipping. Type www. streetsideauto.com into www. retailmenot.com and see what promos they offer. I was able to get a 15% off promo code and got my bumper for like $750 shipped I believe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^that sounds like an awesome deal, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
use
purefjcruiser.com
or
fjcruiseraccessory.com
ive bought a boat load from both and theyre both reputable
pure fj may be a few dollars more than other competition, but its a great store
Purefjcruiser.com had some great prices, unfortunately just not on the Warn. It did get me thinking about the Exp1 bumper because of it's price but 135lbs seems like too much. I'll stick with the 112lber

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my warn rear bumper from streetsideauto.com they have free shipping. Type www. streetsideauto.com into www. retailmenot.com and see what promos they offer. I was able to get a 15% off promo code and got my bumper for like $750 shipped I believe.
This is why I think fjcruiserforums.com is a great site!:clap: Thank you Racer001 for suggesting streetsideauto.com for the Warn rear bumper I was about to buy somewhere else. I ordered it last night for almost $200 cheaper than I could find anywhere, $780 with free shipping, and they've already emailed me a tracking number. I strongly suggest anyone else looking for parts/accessories to check them out....thanks again Racer001:cheers:

And just as a side note, the site itself had a promotion code for $100 off any purchase over $500, and I couldn't find a single negative review on them.

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Sometimes these websites buy different web addresses that will entice buyers just by the name and then route it to a main, central website where the sell everything at. Does not mean they are not legit, though, it does seem shady to me. Usually a website with a title something like buyfjpartshere.com is a site i tend to avoid for various reasons.

Whatever bumper you are looking to buy i am wiling to bet you that a forum vendor will match that price or lower. Some reasons to buy from supporting vendors:
-You can see what kind of reputation they have on here.
-Normally get a slightly lower price
-Just about all of our supporting vendors have great customer service
-A lot of them sell Warn winches which mean they can get you anything you want from Warn as well.

edit: looks like you found a smoking good deal! Their rear bumper for the FJ is a lot better than their front bumper in my opinion. Congrats on the deal!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I recently used streetsideauto to buy some shocks and struts for my firebird. While every single site has them for the exact same price plus shipping, SSA had free shipping, and a 15% off coupon. Not to mention I had them the very next day. Fast than anyone else out there I guarantee! Congrats on the purchase. Its easy to install just take your time trimming the trim lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Streetsideauto is the real deal. Package was delivered an hour ago. :rocker:
Pics to follow once its on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts