Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Third time in a shop for an alternator and I finally got fed up with them ( I should have given up on them sooner but labor and part was included under warranty)
The 3rd one was a dud from the start and they wanted to finally go OEM for $800 so I just bought one and did it myself.

Simple job but it's my only vehicle and the shop was as far as I was going to make it that day the original one went out in 2018.

Now my a/c clutch is making a noise 馃槶Perks of making it to 242,000 miles I guess!

Registered
Yeah should have done it yourself the first time. It's a simple 1 hour replacement, granted nothing"breaks" and everything goes right during the install. Also plan on having a spare. Better to have a spare on hand.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Well i am upset that i dont know if you are upset about paying 800 for a oem. or you are showing that you are using 2 nuts as washers because the almost stripped bolt is to long ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Well i am upset that i dont know if you are upset about paying 800 for a oem. or you are showing that you are using 2 nuts as washers because the almost stripped bolt is to long ?
I am kinda mad they made me come back 3 times with bad replacement parts and not just go OEM in the first place (also my fault I should have just walked away sooner) and upset THEY used two nuts as washers and not telling me lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts