Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Resz makes a great product. The poly bushing is good but you will need to grease . If you are looking at LT then my guess is you are looking to really wheel. ( do you have a Manual trans ? ) lol. But I would suggest the durojoints. To get the best articulation. I have / had the MT adjustable links and have switched out to the Resz

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Resz Fab SALE! Should I get Rear LCA?

Resz makes a great product. The poly bushing is good but you will need to grease . If you are looking at LT then my guess is you are looking to really wheel. ( do you have a Manual trans ? ) lol. But I would suggest the durojoints. To get the best articulation. I have / had the MT adjustable links and have switched out to the Resz
No big deal to grease it; is it? Maybe doing LT would be over kill for me; I don't know that much about it. I am doing a lot of reading on this forum trying to learn.

I live in one of the worst states for off road so my plans are going to CO and Moab a couple times per year at most.

MT??? Do you like the Resz better?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

While reading on this forum I ran across Jimmy Buffett stating that number one mod should be rear LCA? I think I recall this correctly? That is why I was looking at Resz.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

I think these are a better deal and unless you are doing a lot of offroading and need a lot of articulation, are solid and relatively inexpensive upgrades from the stock rear lower control arms.

4Runner/FJ Cruiser Extreme Duty Rear Lower Links - Rubber [5th_Gen_Lower_Links] - $375.00 : Sonoran Steel Fabrication LLC, Toyota Truck Parts

https://www.rokmen.com/toyota/fj-cruiser-10/rear-trailing-arms-trail-series.html

https://www.toyteclifts.com/25945-spc-toyota-rear-lower-control-arms-with-xaxis-sealed-flex-joints.html

According to SPC the xAxis joints have 45 degrees of articulation. No need to drop the kind of cash on the RESZ fabrication ones and you will get any of these three delivered a whole lot quicker.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,768 Posts

It’s an important mod if you go anywhere near big rocks :wink Stock RLLs ar thin and bend easily. I initially swapped to MT but bushings failed and I changed to Rokmen Offroad links that don’t require grease and have been great. This was prior to Resz releasing his links which I wouldve gotten. I have his bumper and love it, and just ordered the upper links as my Toytec RUCAs bushings are failing. With that done I will have a greaseless rear setup :rocker:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I think these are a better deal and unless you are doing a lot of offroading and need a lot of articulation, are solid and relatively inexpensive upgrades from the stock rear lower control arms.

4Runner/FJ Cruiser Extreme Duty Rear Lower Links - Rubber [5th_Gen_Lower_Links] - $375.00 : Sonoran Steel Fabrication LLC, Toyota Truck Parts

https://www.rokmen.com/toyota/fj-cruiser-10/rear-trailing-arms-trail-series.html

https://www.toyteclifts.com/25945-spc-toyota-rear-lower-control-arms-with-xaxis-sealed-flex-joints.html

According to SPC the xAxis joints have 45 degrees of articulation. No need to drop the kind of cash on the RESZ fabrication ones and you will get any of these three delivered a whole lot quicker.
Thanks for the options, I still have a lot of research to do.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts

If you plan on Moab then yes i would go for the LT it is a huge advantage . Normal driving is the same . I know Mike has some Blue ones in stock . Not sure what color you are looking for . I have run the Metal Tech Lowers and they have held up fine ,But i have seen too many fail so i have switched to the Resz ones . You can get away with just the Lowers to start with if you are on a budget . When you lift the FJ it will pull the axle out of being Centered that is why you go with a longer panhard bar . Most do not even realize it till they start trying to fit larger tires and it rubs on 1 side . also you will get less axle drop . I also suggest 2.5 rear shocks Radflo or Kings . you can lose your rear sway bar then . I know Resz is a dealer for Radflo now and has package deals with links and shocks . He does not carry MT springs though .

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It’s an important mod if you go anywhere near big rocks :wink Stock RLLs ar thin and bend easily. I initially swapped to MT but bushings failed and I changed to Rokmen Offroad links that don’t require grease and have been great. This was prior to Resz releasing his links which I wouldve gotten. I have his bumper and love it, and just ordered the upper links as my Toytec RUCAs bushings are failing. With that done I will have a greaseless rear setup :rocker:
Stronger and more durable than stock is that the main benefit?

I hope to do some rocks in Moab in July 2020!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,768 Posts

Stronger and more durable than stock is that the main benefit?

I hope to do some rocks in Moab in July 2020!
That, and the adjustability. Moab....hope so!
Don’t impulse buy the suspension...keep up the research and ask tons of questions - we love to answer! Real question is if you can deal with the cascade of information you’ll be getting :rofl:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

That, and the adjustability. Moab....hope so!
Don’t impulse buy the suspension...keep up the research and ask tons of questions - we love to answer! Real question is if you can deal with the cascade of information you’ll be getting :rofl:
I didn't think the Resz are adjustable?

Also another good thing is their sale is going on for a month.

I was also trying to decide if the red would look good on Army Green or not? What do you all think?

I do really appreciate all the good information from everyone on this forum!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,768 Posts

I didn't think the Resz are adjustable?

Also another good thing is their sale is going on for a month.

I was also trying to decide if the red would look good on Army Green or not? What do you all think?

I do really appreciate all the good information from everyone on this forum!
Correct, the Resz RLLs are non adjustable - my MT and Rokmen are (I rebuilt the MT and have them as spares).
And I think Army Green with red flashes is awesome....a few here have done that and it looks great!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Correct, the Resz RLLs are non adjustable - my MT and Rokmen are (I rebuilt the MT and have them as spares).
And I think Army Green with red flashes is awesome....a few here have done that and it looks great!
OK thanks once again for clearing that up; I will keep researching and shopping!

I was thinking a little red would look good too!

·
Registered
594 Posts
We haven't had our Resz's off-road yet but they seem to be very well built. All I can say is if you can wait a long time, get the Resz with the Duroflex Joints. I ordered ours in March and just got them 2-3 week ago. If that timing holds and you order them right now, you should receive them next June'ish. If you'd like them in a reasonable time-frame, order another brand of your choice.

·
A-Team Moderator
8,265 Posts
Veterans and First Responders are heroes every day. Join Metal-tech 4x4 in supporting them by bidding and sharing the auction we have live right now. Special edition Metal-tech 4x4 Offset Lower links in military FDE color w/laser engraved data plate marking this one of only two sets ever made. Fits all Toyota Prado based trucks - 03 +4runner, FJC, GX470, GX460.

100% of the proceeds go directly to the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation supporting Veterans and First Responders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264522027009?fbclid=IwAR0_zEF4GTDwgsmKqort-lZrqtC2VvoU8CTHaKMTo4U4bD77XbMFlvUEDo8

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
They are at $1000 great cause but i would not want to scratch them

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We haven't had our Resz's off-road yet but they seem to be very well built. All I can say is if you can wait a long time, get the Resz with the Duroflex Joints. I ordered ours in March and just got them 2-3 week ago. If that timing holds and you order them right now, you should receive them next June'ish. If you'd like them in a reasonable time-frame, order another brand of your choice.
Why so long? Website shows normal lead time 3-6 weeks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts