Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Resz Fab is a small shop that is growing . Not going to say that people have not had to wait They Have . But there are a few that just complain and complain about everything and every post they have to pop up with there 2 cents . My guess is some of these people do not even own a Resz product . I would suggest giving Resz Fab a call and talking to them to get a ETA . sometimes they have some in stock and sometimes you have to wait a bit . I have yet to hear 1 complaint about the quality of the products just the wait .

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Lots of vendors will have Black Friday specials coming up...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lots of vendors will have Black Friday specials coming up...
I talked to Resz already forgot to ask about turn around. I am in no hurry pretty cold here now anyway.

Yes they are having Black Friday sale for a month something like 22% off. I was told they got so backed up on there sales they wanted to spread it out some to meet demand.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Why so long? Website shows normal lead time 3-6 weeks.
Here is another thread: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/733750-rez-fab-links.html

I'm not sure who that other guy is but if want, PM me and I'll forward you the invoice for our upper and lower links and the email threads between Mike, at Resz, and I along with the fedex delivery confirmation. I'm not sure how that other guy got them in three days! He's the FIRST/ONLY person I've seen mention receiving them fast.

·
A-Team Moderator
8,200 Posts
Okay, that's enough Resz Fab bashing. 4 months of it on the other thread which was just a simple question of will these work without a lift.

You've spoken your peace, back on topic please.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here is another thread: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/733750-rez-fab-links.html

I'm not sure who that other guy is but if want, PM me and I'll forward you the invoice for our upper and lower links and the email threads between Mike, at Resz, and I along with the fedex delivery confirmation. I'm not sure how that other guy got them in three days! He's the FIRST/ONLY person I've seen mention receiving them fast.
I have read the other thread before and many people have waited long time to get product. I will call and talk to them before I order to see if they have gotten on top of this problem of slow wait times!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Okay, that's enough Resz Fab bashing. 4 months of it on the other thread which was just a simple question of will these work without a lift.

You've spoken your peace, back on topic please.
Wait...whats the topic again? That's right....."Should I buy Resz Fab rear LCA's?

I think it is on topic for someone who has asked about whether he should buy a product from them. They are not a forum sponsor and I think they have good products (in fact i own the Resz Fab adjustable rear lower links), but I think it is valid to inform newer members about various experiences with various vendors especially when they are asking for specific feedback on a particular vendor's product. And yeah, I think the chiming in on threads can be overdone especially if a repetitive pattern which i think you are pointing out with that particular poster. But for the rest of us, I think our own experiences and advice to the OP are still fair game.

My opinion (and I think others agree) is that Resz makes good stuff but be prepared for a wait (I think mine was 12 weeks or so and I bought during group buy or sale), which is why i mentioned in my first post that the other three alternatives that I provided are more likely to be delivered timely. I read Tacoma World and the 4Runner forums and see very similar feedback there to what the OP is receiving in this thread about RESZ.

For the OP, something to consider is that I have owned various rear upper and lower links and track bars for my FJ Cruiser and daughter's 3rd Gen 4Runner. My experience has been that the more flex in the joint...Jonny Joints, heim joints, uniball, etc, the more clanking, and dirt/debris, and joint maintenance you will have to perform and you will likely experience noise when going over bumps in the road, rocks, obstacles etc. Can be very concerning and make you constantly think something is coming loose. As such, I have migrated back to the idea of fused rubber and poly bushings with non adjustable joints. Also it is very important that the correct size ID of the bushing sleeve fits very tightly with the hardware that is used to secure.. Again....otherwise more noise and movement.

I remember reading a lot about the details of the fit and design of the rear upper and lower control arms can make a big difference over on the Sonoran Steel website. Finally dumped the adjustable and high flex upper and lower links and trackbar with heim joints on daughter's 4Runner and went with Sonoran Steel versions and they fit and perform great... No more clanking and seem to work fine offroad (as good as the prior stuff with heim joints).

My FJ with Resz Adjustable rear lower control arms...dont have a tight fitting clearance with the hardware (e.g. nut and bolt) holding them on with the bushing sleeve. Have a greaseable Jonny Joints on one end that is extremely hard to get to and is extremely difficult to even pump any amount of grease into there. Every time, I go over a bump or back out of the driveway, .....clank.... Get under there every month or two to check to make sure everything is tight and not coming loose....and its fine. Still bugs the crap out of me every time I hear noise. If I had to do it over again....I would get the style that I pointed you towards in my post.

Now for some of the more hardcore rock crawling types (im looking at you debFJVT), they probably arent right....but for most of the people offroading on the typical 4WD road, the occasional trip to FJ Summit and the occasional trip to Moab, I think they are perfectly suitable upgrades. You'll have to decide what your offroading adventures are going to be. Which can be hard to predict the future or your future enthusiasm.

Last bit of advice....and this is merely aesthetics and personal opinion...I dont like all the brightly colored, painted powdercoated stuff on the underside. I prefer understated and low maintenance...esp because after every rain or snowstorm or offroad adventure you are gonna have to get under there and clean and wipe off those pretty pieces....otherwise they look bad. Just seems like a lot of extra work to me. I dont think less of people that like their bling on the underside, I just dont want the maintenance effort or constantly looking at dirt covered shiny parts that need to be cleaned (a problem with type A people like me that I cant let it go especially after I have paid good money for fancy powdercoat) Every little nick, contusion, ,chipping paint and bit of dirt causes me some mental stress and I already have that with the top side and interior stuff I dont need to add to it. YMMV.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks SilvFx you are throwing out a lot of good information and solid points of view. That is what I am looking for as a Noobie!

I never thought about getting under there and wiping off those pretty red LCA not sure how much of that I would be doing I have been a country boy and used to a lot of dirt and gravel roads so vehicles are always dirty. (that sucks about living in rural area but love everything else about it)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I see no reason to wipe off the dirt... who wants to look like a mall crawler?

·
A-Team Moderator
8,200 Posts
Wait...whats the topic again? That's right....."Should I buy Resz Fab rear LCA's?

I think it is on topic for someone who has asked about whether he should buy a product from them. They are not a forum sponsor and I think they have good products (in fact i own the Resz Fab adjustable rear lower links), but I think it is valid to inform newer members about various experiences with various vendors especially when they are asking for specific feedback on a particular vendor's product. And yeah, I think the chiming in on threads can be overdone especially if a repetitive pattern which i think you are pointing out with that particular poster. But for the rest of us, I think our own experiences and advice to the OP are still fair game.
The topic is what I changed it to because it looked like an advertisement for the company. Resz Fab SALE!!! After reading what he wrote, it made more sense to make it into a question. The OP can confirm that we had this discussion before the change was made.

My comment was clearly directed at @RichJacot. Does it need some ^^^, an @ and a "QUOTE" ? It's bashing/thread crapping. Say your peace about the vendor, post a Feedback on the proper sub-forum section, get over it and move on. That's the forum rule.

Yeah, we still have rules on here. It's not FB. The bashing, thread crapping and thread hijacking is getting way out of hand. And I'm guilty of it once in a while too. :wave: Like I did today by posting those FDE LCA's or talking about the vinyl wrap. There used to be a time on here not so long ago that we actually kept each other in check, but not any more.

Last, I never said that no one else could not post their opinions. I of all people on here know how you love to share your experiences and advice. :lol:
I better throw a few more emoji's in here so you know that I'm kidding. :wink :cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have no problem with any of the posts on this thread. I got a lot of useful information and opinions which is exactly what I was looking for.

It appears there is a great group of people on here! Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I see no reason to wipe off the dirt... who wants to look like a mall crawler?
I dont disagree with at all, but then why have the fancy painted bright colored stuff underneath unless you keep it looking clean every so often? I personally think that dirt and mud covered brightly painted stuff looks bad. Sort of the same concept for why you wash, clean and wax the painted part of the exterior. I don't mind getting it dirty, but I do go to the effort of cleaning and waxing it every so often to maintain its appearance.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The topic is what I changed it to because it looked like an advertisement for the company. Resz Fab SALE!!! After reading what he wrote, it made more sense to make it into a question. The OP can confirm that we had this discussion before the change was made.

My comment was clearly directed at @RichJacot. Does it need some ^^^, an @ and a "QUOTE" ? It's bashing/thread crapping. Say your peace about the vendor, post a Feedback on the proper sub-forum section, get over it and move on. That's the forum rule.

Yeah, we still have rules on here. It's not FB. The bashing, thread crapping and thread hijacking is getting way out of hand. And I'm guilty of it once in a while too. :wave: Like I did today by posting those FDE LCA's or talking about the vinyl wrap. There used to be a time on here not so long ago that we actually kept each other in check, but not any more.

Last, I never said that no one else could not post their opinions. I of all people on here know how you love to share your experiences and advice. :lol:
I better throw a few more emoji's in here so you know that I'm kidding. :wink :cheers:
Dont really know what FB is like since I have never been on it, but I imagine it to be much more conversational, gossipy, snarky and probably political.

And I do know that I can go on about stuff probably with more detail than people want to know and I don't take any offense. I think we both like to tweak people on occasion with some light hearted jabs including to each other. Keeps us in line.

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
I have no problem with any of the posts on this thread. I got a lot of useful information and opinions which is exactly what I was looking for.

It appears there is a great group of people on here! Thanks again everyone!
You should see us on a full moon!

Good luck with your decision and be sure to post pictures......we love pictures!

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Mikey i must have missed it when you posted pics of your Resz links ? Or was it your Resz Bumper ? Maybe i am confusing you with someone else ? Do you even have any Resz products ?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts