Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been away for a time friends. Due to unpleasant employment requirements, I was forced to trade my Black Cherry (I know, but I can't spell Bord...whatever) . I am purchasing a new FJ within the next month or so and I have been given the opportunity to put my name on a TT SE.

Like I said I have been out of the loop for a while...so I'll ask you guys...SHOULD I DO IT?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I bought one, and I don't regret it. There are some 2007's out there that are dirt cheap though. If you like the white, then getting the TT is your only option. If you don't care about the color or the extra features of a TT then there are way cheaper options.

Are you going brand new for sure? I've seen a few smoking deals on TRD's from 2007 if you are looking at used ones.

Personally I was going to add the TRD wheels, rock rails, 16" BFG tires, rubber mats, and a few other features, so it made sense to get the TT that was already all loaded up.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
:cheers: I def love mine!! and the general public REALLY think its unique since they never see white ones. I get questions all the time asked. they are like i see colored ones and stuff but i have never seen white, blah blah.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I like the all white. Plus when you uprade your bumpers and such, you can sell the parts because everyone wants the blacked out parts.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I think it depends on what you intend to do. If you are gonna mod a bunch and replace all the TT components, then don't pay all that extra for a TT unless you have to have that color. I'm personally not into white cars, but that is MY personal taste. It is all about what you like and what you intend to do.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Like Toledo said, it depends on if you're going to keep it stock or plan on doing Mods to it. No sense in paying for all the things you're going to be replacing anyway. Good luck with your decision and whether you get a TT or not, you're going to have an FJ!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a few weeks to make my final decision, but I am leaning towards it now. I looked up a fair amount of info on it. And though I will be changing the bumpers and roof rack before too long, It would prevent me from having to add the exhaust and new tires or skid plates. I think the appealing thing is that I could drive it straight off the lot to Moab and not have to stop to replace the Sienna tires that come on it. I could wear out the ones on it and then upgrade in a year or so.

I had a RevTec 3 inch lift on my last FJ and that seemed fine. My one question is about the "TRAIL TUNED Suspension" Is there anything special about that ? or is it just marketing?

·
Registered
161 Posts
For me, I could not get the Off Road Package and the level of Preferred Package levels that I wanted. With the TT, it was all in one package. I think in the long run you would save money vs. having to put all that stuff on after the fact (ie. TRD exhaust, 16" rims, skid plates, TRD shocks, etc).

Also, the only thing I see different for the suspension is the Bilstein shocks on the TT. I think Toyo was using some creative liberties in the description.

Good Luck with your choice. You won't be disappointed. Be prepared to answer questions about the TT from people who don't know what it is.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Do it, you know you want to. You won't regret it! Just do it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have heard the comment more than once, "That's a lot of extra money for some stickers.". I personally understand the desire to own a limited run, special edition vehicle, but I guess some don't see the value of it. I wonder if the TRDs, TTs, etc will hold their value better over time?

I did see a TT at the dealership on Saturday with the roof rack with the air dam and lights, along with the brush guard and lights, and it looked really sharp. The TTs just don't seem to be moving off the lots very quickly here though, probably due to the gas prices. Both of the Toyota dealerships in town still have them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Does anyone know the difference in off-road equipment between the TT and the Off-Road Package? TRD exhaust and skid plates... what else? Does the TT have the same "Trail Tuned Suspension" found on the Off-Road Package?
TT includes everything in the off-road package and adds TRD wheels, TRD exhaust, rock rails, 400w inverter, 6cd with subwoofer, BFG All-Terrains, all weather mats, and bumper mounted aux lights.

OME springs work great with the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
346 Posts
im almost in the same postition i paid cash but broke my self of somthing mean and cant work and my savings are dwindleing fast. breazed the thought of selling it and although it would hurt there would not be a single hesitation to purhaseing a TT.
(unless i found a 30,000mi for less that 10 g's) with that being said i leave the rest to you. oh ya regret is a sob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.