Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm looking for a few cool FJ's to join us at the Greenwood Airport Open House on September 19th, 2015. This is an aviation event open to the public. Free airplane rides to kids age 8 to 17 y/o. We also have other vendors, etc. We typically have motorcycles or a Corvette group, but wanted to do something different with Toyota FJ's (a couple lifted Tacoma's would work also). We're looking to get 8 to 25 FJ's to be parked ramp side during the event (you can stay with your FJ or wander and have fun - kids welcome). Bring lawn chairs, pictures of you off-road, etc. The open house is from 9AM to 3PM, so you would need to arrive by 8:45AM for set-up. Please let me know if you're coming so we can get you a VIP window tag.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dude, I'll get you a VIP pass so you can get in the security gate. You can also text me. Are you going to next Saturday's meet?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
@richbradbury I can make it but it won't be until a little later. The minion has a cross country meet that morning. If I can swing down later and join the group, I will. I just can't be there first thing in the am. Thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great, just text me when you arrive and I can make sure you get past the gate. If we can round up just a few more FJ's, that would be great. Your wife can bring her jeep if she wants. I think she has a jeep? Everyone always has fun at the open house :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're still looking for a few more FJ's, Tacoma's, etc for the Greenwood Airport Open House. This is the perfect opportunity to have some free fun with the whole family. Plus, there's free airplane rides for kids. The Toyota's will be parked next to the main hangar on the grass, so we can explain more about FJ's to the public. You can bring lawn chairs, or even a small canopy. A pop-up tent on an FJ would also be awesome.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be awesome to see set-up, bring all the gadgets. Yes, just text or call me to get in. You can also tell the people at the parking area that you're with the FJ group and need to go in the back gate. If you have any problems getting in, I'll come out and straighten them out :) I'll be in the main building or on the ramp.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I can make it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome @seadogcam and @INDYFJCRUISERS Just tell the people at the entrance you're with the FJ Group and they'll direct you to our in airport parking near the big aircraft hangar. Tell them Rich sent you. Bring a lawn chair and any cool FJ gadgets to share with the public. We have a designated spot on the grass, so a pop-up tent works also. There's food trucks, but you're welcome to bring food / drinks. No booze because it's a family event at a public airport. Thanks for joining us. My cell is 317-281-6039 if you need to text or call.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts