Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I was remembering a photo I saw on here a long time ago and I could not even begin to figure out how to find it. It was a SunFusion with some serioius trail pinstriping, possibly the worst I've ever seen. So I thought, why not have everyone post up their pinstripes and we'll see who has the worst (or best, depending on how you wanna look at it:lol:) pinstripes. Post UP!:)

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I have a few...

·
Registered
37 Posts
That one you see running through the fender...that's called a dent...a long dent...a long ugly dent from a pinion tree. I have a ton of lights in the shop for looking at paint imperfections, you have to look to the left at that rear door to see the pinstriping that didn't leave dents...

·
Registered
37 Posts
And no, I never got this one completely buffed out...
Did you wet sand it first?

hate to hijack the thread, but i think i might have a few dark splotches in the white paint, i gotta check again in the light to make sure. but does this sound right?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
If mir207 posts up, don't let him fool you. Those are from shopping carts at the grocery store.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Did you wet sand it first?
No. Did the best I could with rubbing compound and ScratchX. Took it to a paint/body shop and they did the fingernail test. Quoted me about $1000 to repaint that side. I'll pass.
Positive to this...I no longer worry about stopping to break or push branches outta the way.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
98% of my pinstripes I received at the Mojave Trail, and the larger one was from a Joshua Tree.

I thought I had more pics of them, but I guess not. Now that I've had pinstripes attached, I no longer worry about stuff like that. It adds character, and it shows I wheel my FJ.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts

Little oopsies from early on...

Thought it would look better full length, so I added to it....

How does this occur you ask? Wheel trails like THIS! :lol:

I should note, in the spirit of TREAD LIGHTLY and all... these are all marked trails and I am not off the trail in any of these pictures. They are just very tight. Every now and then they are trimmed back to a vehicle width by local clubs, these shots were taken right after the rainy season when it was crazy overgrown.

BYAH! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
If mir207 posts up, don't let him fool you. Those are from shopping carts at the grocery store.
Man, I need to find my photos of pin-striping - my truck isn't here so I can't take any photos of it :( (That's right, it'd down at the Vons :D )

EDIT: OK, these suckers are old, but after a while it just saturates anyway (that's why not to worry about it :)) :

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, Tibaal, that sticker across your windshield certainly explains a lot!!:rofl::lol::lol::rofl: (I'm kidding!) PS Congrats on the skids, you really deserve them...

Great pinstripes, guys! The first time I scratched mine, I told my b/f that now I had "trail cred." Yeah, he thought it was stupid. I have featherduster scratches compared to you guys. You ROCK!:rocker:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts