Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

It's about that time to show y'all what we've been working on for the FJ. This bumper was in the prototype phase for a long time due to a huge expansion the shop went through that started in January of '11. Things are, for the most part, back to normal at this point and we were able to go back and finish a few of the new products we had been working on. We've had rock sliders out for the FJ for some time now but here's what we came up with for the front bumper. I’ll hit a few of the important points:

- 3/16” thick CNC cut and formed steel shell
- 1/4” thick mounting brackets
- beefy 1” thick recovery tabs
- mounts for 4”, PIAA 510 series lights inside the bumper and holes to mount larger aftermarket lights on top
- hidden winch mount accommodates most remote solenoid winches up to 9,500#
- aluminum skid plate comes standard
- weighs ~110lbs, no suspension modifications are necessary

The bumper pictured is finished out with the full tubing and textured black powder coat. It has a Warn M8000 with 5/16” x 100’ synthetic rope and a polished aluminum fairlead. A pair of PIAA 510 series Ion Crystal fog lights are mounted inside the bumper and 6”, 520 series Ion Crystal driving lights on top. White driving lights are also available. We threw on a pair of black shackles and it’s done!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call and I’ll be happy to help you out as best I can. Like the majority of our products, these are individually handmade to order per your specs and our current workload has us at about 4 months out. Thanks for taking a look!

http://www.shrockworks.com/Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-Winch-Bumper-Bull-Bar-Front-Bumper-pr-16249.html

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Hmmm. Disappointed. Looks like a Demello with the dinky All Pro brush guard:(

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Looks pretty cool.
I think the bumper fits nicely with the look of the FJC.
And any new, quality addition to the spectrum of aftermarket FJC accessories is a great thing.

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Nice looking bumper! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like it but wish it woulda extended all the way out like the 4runner bumper. If it was like the 4runner one id be ordering it asap. But now will have to think about it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Looks good. :bigthumb:

Poorly typed from my iPhone.

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
Very clean. I didn't even notice the hoops around the headlights when I first looked at it.
Seems a bit narrower than most... It would really look good on the rigs without the fender flairs.
I really like the radiused bends. Smooth.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words. The bumper is a bit different from the way we usually do things, but the FJC body isnt exactly the norm either so they come together nicely.

As for the washer res. question, we havent put much thought into it just yet. The trucks we used for the prototype were both pre 2010, so it wasnt an issue at all. At this moment from looking around there are two options.

1. Relocate the res. yourself
2. Buy an aftermarket res., which comes with a fairly high price tag but is a very clean solution.

We are considering possibly making a skid plate for it, similar to the one we used on the 5th gen 4Runner.

We would have to hunt down a local customer for the r & d, but wanted to see what you guys thought first. It would at least provide another option, but lets hear what you think.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
As for the washer res. question, we havent put much thought into it just yet. The trucks we used for the prototype were both pre 2010, so it wasnt an issue at all. At this moment from looking around there are two options.

1. Relocate the res. yourself
2. Buy an aftermarket res., which comes with a fairly high price tag but is a very clean solution.

We are considering possibly making a skid plate for it, similar to the one we used on the 5th gen 4Runner.

We would have to hunt down a local customer for the r & d, but wanted to see what you guys thought first. It would at least provide another option, but lets hear what you think.
I was just asking as most if not all of the others require it, too. I don' think it's a requirement to redesign around the res. but it would be really nice if was already accounted for. IMO I wouldn't trust a little skid for it, if I'm going through the trouble to skid it, I might as well just relocate it and "do it right". It'd look better too.

I'd just leave as is and tell people the res. needs to be relocated. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
What's the turn-around time from ordering to ready for pickup? I'd be coming from Austin or asking a buddy from Brenham, to pick it up.

Thanks - Colin

·
Registered
206 Posts
Turn around is 3-4 months at the moment.

From the way I see it, simply adding an optional skid would allow us to keep the clean look it's got going, without having to drop the bottom of the bumper down another 4 inches or so simply to cover up a water bottle. That would be a real drag for all the pre 2010 guys to have to compromise that clearance for a problem they don't even have.

The skid would probably be around half of what an aftermarket res. would cost and would be optional. That way you can choose the route you want to go, and everyone is happy. ;)

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
Fixed for ya ;)

Turn around is 3-4 months at the moment.

From the way I see it, simply adding an optional skid wouldn't allow us to keep the clean look it's got going, without having to drop the bottom of the bumper down another 4 inches or so simply to cover up a water bottle. That would be a real drag for all the pre 2010 guys to have to compromise that clearance for a problem they don't even have.

The skid would probably be around half of what an aftermarket res. would cost and would be optional. That way you can choose the route you want to go, and everyone is happy. ;)

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
How thick is the aluminum skid plate that goes from the bumper to the lower radiator support crossmember?

The aluminum piece here.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts