It's about that time to show y'all what we've been working on for the FJ. This bumper was in the prototype phase for a long time due to a huge expansion the shop went through that started in January of '11. Things are, for the most part, back to normal at this point and we were able to go back and finish a few of the new products we had been working on. We've had rock sliders out for the FJ for some time now but here's what we came up with for the front bumper. I’ll hit a few of the important points:
- 3/16” thick CNC cut and formed steel shell
- 1/4” thick mounting brackets
- beefy 1” thick recovery tabs
- mounts for 4”, PIAA 510 series lights inside the bumper and holes to mount larger aftermarket lights on top
- hidden winch mount accommodates most remote solenoid winches up to 9,500#
- aluminum skid plate comes standard
- weighs ~110lbs, no suspension modifications are necessary
The bumper pictured is finished out with the full tubing and textured black powder coat. It has a Warn M8000 with 5/16” x 100’ synthetic rope and a polished aluminum fairlead. A pair of PIAA 510 series Ion Crystal fog lights are mounted inside the bumper and 6”, 520 series Ion Crystal driving lights on top. White driving lights are also available. We threw on a pair of black shackles and it’s done!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call and I’ll be happy to help you out as best I can. Like the majority of our products, these are individually handmade to order per your specs and our current workload has us at about 4 months out. Thanks for taking a look!