Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey so I'm looking at getting a bumper here soon and I really like this bumper. I do have a question though, is there an option like the other bumpers for a body lift option? I'm going to be installing a 1" body lift when it warms up and was wondering if that was possible for the FJ. Also, do y'all accept local pickups?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey so I'm looking at getting a bumper here soon and I really like this bumper. I do have a question though, is there an option like the other bumpers for a body lift option? I'm going to be installing a 1" body lift when it warms up and was wondering if that was possible for the FJ. Also, do y'all accept local pickups?
Deaner

We can set you up with some custom body lift brackets and a body lift skid for a small custom fee. We haven't made it a standard option because there aren't much of any folks going the body lift route with these rigs, but we can certainly accommodate.

Just give us a call or shoot me a PM. And yes, we welcome local pick-ups!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds great! As soon as I install the body lift(incase I don't), I will let y'all know. Thanks! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just ordered the works....Bumper, Skids, and Sliders. I am going to see if they will center the winch like there original. Will other winch's fit, other than the Warn 8000 if it is centered? Looks like a long lead time... The quality of the product out weighed the wait to me.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I just ordered the works....Bumper, Skids, and Sliders. I am going to see if they will center the winch like there original. Will other winch's fit, other than the Warn 8000 if it is centered? Looks like a long lead time... The quality of the product out weighed the wait to me.
You won't be disappointed! Call and speak with Justin or Mark about the winch questions. You might also ask about the skids and sliders being sent out before the bumper! I don't know if that will affect shipping cost or not.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You can fit almost any winch in the bumper with the mount centered.....BUT you won't have room to mount the solenoid box in the bumper. Mounting the solenoid box in the engine compartment is a popular option among other vehicles, but you would have to buy/make longer cables to connect the solenoid box the the winch motor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Talked to Mark...decided to go back to standard offset bumper with the fold up license plate bracket, which is centered on the bumper. I have plenty of time to find the winch I want. Thanks for the help guys... I can't wait! or I guess I can.

Justin, I am waiting for an email from Mark for the changes we made.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I like the bumper, but wonder if that front skid plate (looks like aluminum with circular holes) will work with my 5 piece Budbuilt skids.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
I like the bumper, but wonder if that front skid plate (looks like aluminum with circular holes) will work with my 5 piece Budbuilt skids.
It is aluminium, so if it doesn't fit OOTB it should be easy to make work ;)

·
Registered
958 Posts
How thick is the aluminum skid plate that goes from the bumper to the lower radiator support crossmember?

The aluminum piece here.
Is the washer fluid reservoir metal skid/enclosure available now for those of us 2013 FJC owners who do not want to relocate the reservoir?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Installed (well mostly, it's not finalized because I don't have a winch for it and haven't decided how I wanna do the wiring for the lights but should be GTG for now)

Is it my imagination or is your winch opening off-center? If so, this was intentional?

EDIT: I believe I found the answer. When looking at the winch mounted in the inside, that extra room is needed for the control box. Right?

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
Is it my imagination or is your winch opening off-center? If so, this was intentional?

EDIT: I believe I found the answer. When looking at the winch mounted in the inside, that extra room is needed for the control box. Right?
Correct. If you order it with the centered opening your limited to an M8000 (I believe) or similar sized winch. The offset give more room.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Give Justin a call, he is a cool dude, and answered all of my questions. I think you can get a big winch in the bumper, and have it centered, but you will have to mount the winch controller in the engine bay which requires extra wiring from the winch to the control box. One good thing about working with a custom shop, they will work with you to make what you want. It really is a stout bumper with premium craftsmanship. I don't mind at all that it is off-center. Can't see it when I'm driving! :wink

GO HAWKS!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Is the washer fluid reservoir metal skid/enclosure available now for those of us 2013 FJC owners who do not want to relocate the reservoir?
I would like to know this as well!

·
Registered
206 Posts
We do not offer a skid option for the washer bottle with this bumper. The relocation kit is the best and only option.

As for the offset winch mount, we have defaulted to a centered winch mount after having so many request that option. We now provide a bracket to allow you you to mount the solenoid box on top of the bumper. Some winches may require you to still have to extend the cables doing this.

Like mentioned above, you may also choose to find another location in the engine compartment, but at that point you are flying solo to find your own solution and will almost certainly have to extend the cables from the solenoid box to the winch motor.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
We do not offer a skid option for the washer bottle with this bumper. The relocation kit is the best and only option.

As for the offset winch mount, we have defaulted to a centered winch mount after having so many request that option. We now provide a bracket to allow you you to mount the solenoid box on top of the bumper. Some winches may require you to still have to extend the cables doing this.

Like mentioned above, you may also choose to find another location in the engine compartment, but at that point you are flying solo to find your own solution and will almost certainly have to extend the cables from the solenoid box to the winch motor.

hi, just wanting on know when the group buy on the washer fluid bottle relocation, air pump relocation bracket and 2nd battery tray mount bracket be happening??

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
181 - 200 of 201 Posts