Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,783 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
may be offset a little, but its a sweet bumper ...
:cheers:

07 FJ Cruiser – Voodoo Blue - C Pckge – AT
Toytec Ultimate 3” Lift / Total Chaos UCA
285/70R/17 Michelin LTX A/T
ECGS 3rd/front diff 4.56 gears / ARB Front Locker / ARB mini compressor
DeMello Hybrid Sliders / Scuba Mod / AT Cooler
Clazzio Seat Covers / Industrial Forming Roll Top Console Cover

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
Not sure if anyone has tried with Ricochet skids but it might be a possibility. I'm pretty sure you can't install it under the Ricochet cause of the way the Ricochet "curls" up the front but it might be able to go under it.

I have Shrockworks skids :)

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Not sure if anyone has tried with Ricochet skids but it might be a possibility. I'm pretty sure you can't install it under the Ricochet cause of the way the Ricochet "curls" up the front but it might be able to go under it.

I have Shrockworks skids :)
Hmmm...so the fill plate and the skid use the same bolt holes? On your rig, does the fill plate go over your skid or under it?

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
^^^^that is definitely a Ricochet in that pic and it's definitely under also. Either Primer bent his a little to make it fit or there is already enough room. It would also be good to know if he is using the original Ricochet or the heavy duty. That looks kinda like the original which is thinner.

Hmmm...so the fill plate and the skid use the same bolt holes? On your rig, does the fill plate go over your skid or under it?
Yes, I have it under.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
^^^^that is definitely a Ricochet in that pic and it's definitely under also. Either Primer bent his a little to make it fit or there is already enough room. It would also be good to know if he is using the original Ricochet or the heavy duty. That looks kinda like the original which is thinner.

Yes, I have it under.
I think you're right. His looks like the original Ricochet. Mine are the HDs.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Those are borrowed older non-HD Ricochet skids. No bending needed. Same bolts holes with longer bolts. I recently bought the new aluminum IFS skid from AllPro. Same situation with that skid. The Shrockworks filler plate goes on first, and the skid after.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Those are borrowed older non-HD Ricochet skids. No bending needed. Same bolts holes with longer bolts. I recently bought the new aluminum IFS skid from AllPro. Same situation with that skid. The Shrockworks filler plate goes on first, and the skid after.
Thanks. I'm going to talk to Mark about any install issues with the Ricochet HD skids.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Turn around is 3-4 months at the moment.

From the way I see it, simply adding an optional skid would allow us to keep the clean look it's got going, without having to drop the bottom of the bumper down another 4 inches or so simply to cover up a water bottle. That would be a real drag for all the pre 2010 guys to have to compromise that clearance for a problem they don't even have.

The skid would probably be around half of what an aftermarket res. would cost and would be optional. That way you can choose the route you want to go, and everyone is happy. ;)
Just ordered this bumper today for my 2013 FJ. Looks like sometime next Feb for delivery.

I would still like to see you develop this skid or some kind of shield to cover the water bottle. Apparently the 2013 is different than the 2010 - 2012 models and from what I have read, Exp1 still hasn't come up with a replacement bottle.

Painting the bottle makes it less apparent, but doesn't do anything as far as protection. Maybe I will have to try to fabricate something on my own...

·
Registered
566 Posts
I painted mine for now. It's really not that bad. I'm not willing to give up the space by the firewall for a washer fluid tank.
Is that area under the bumper wing supposed to stay open like that? Looks like it would catch a lot of road grime, mud etc.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Stupid double post...

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Is that area under the bumper wing supposed to stay open like that? Looks like it would catch a lot of road grime, mud etc.
It is in front of the tires, so it does not catch a lot of road grime. It looks worse than it is. It is exposed, but not a big deal to me. Biggest issue is damage due to brush on the trail. Exp 1 is working on a solution to relocate the washer res on the 2013. Sounds like they are getting close. I believe it will move the new emissions module back towards the firewall. The big concern is if there will still be enough room for a second battery as that is where the second battery easily fits.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/2978929-post29.html

·
Registered
566 Posts
It is in front of the tires, so it does not catch a lot of road grime. It looks worse than it is. It is exposed, but not a big deal to me. Biggest issue is damage due to brush on the trail. Exp 1 is working on a solution to relocate the washer res on the 2013. Sounds like they are getting close. I believe it will move the new emissions module back towards the firewall. The big concern is if there will still be enough room for a second battery as that is where the second battery easily fits.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/2978929-post29.html
Gotcha, so that is just like that because of the washer bottle? I didn't notice it in any of your other pictures, but I've definitely made my mind up about the Shrockworks. I've heard there is about a 4 month lead time but other than that it is worth it. Your rig looks great! Your pictures definitely give a more comprehensive view of their product than their website does! Looks great!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got my Shrockworks sliders on yesterday. Fitment was pretty much perfect. Skids and bumper are due very soon. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THEM ON MY TRUCK :D:D

161 - 180 of 201 Posts