Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Our skid plates for the 2007+ FJ Cruiser are done!
The 5 piece skid plate package is currently available for sale on our website. This includes an engine skid, transmission skid with mounting cross member, transfer case skid and gas tank skid. Also included is all new mounting hardware and installation instructions. Available in bare steel or semi-gloss black powder coat.

Introductory Offer: From now to the new year (assuming the world doesn't end tomorrow), we will be offering our complete skid plate set for $1,000 or $1,160 for bare steel or black powder coat respectively, shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

FJ Cruiser Skid Plate Package, 2007-2013

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Those look nice. How does one change the oil with those skids? What is the weight of these?

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The later model FJ engine skid has a removeable oil filter access plate that you would remove to change the oil filter. It's removed quickly with 4 allen head bolts. The earlier model FJ has the oil filter up top in the engine compartment so there's no removeable oil filter access plate on that skid. Towards the back of the engine skid, there is a cut-out to access the oil pan drain.
The weights are below:
Engine - 42#
Transmission - 28# (includes cross member)
Transfer Case - 29#
Gas Tank - 56#

Those look nice. How does one change the oil with those skids? What is the weight of these?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Very nice job guys!:clap::bigthumb:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks Mark. Sorry for the short conversation early; wife was ready to board flight to Vegas. Please make sure you got everything you need from me. Remember, RED powdercoat to get close to my 2012 TTSE. Thanks Houston!!

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a problem. I am missing a couple things though. I need to get your phone # and email address so I can send you a copy of the invoice. Other than that, we're good to go. Thanks!

Thanks Mark. Sorry for the short conversation early; wife was ready to board flight to Vegas. Please make sure you got everything you need from me. Remember, RED powdercoat to get close to my 2012 TTSE. Thanks Houston!!

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

·
Registered
955 Posts
Cant wait to get mine!

I really like how these look compared to the competitors!

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Looks great guys and I see you have not only added a door for the oil changes but also some beefy front support for the front end to be jacked up using the factory location!!

Looks outstanding!!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Coming from a Sammy owner his stuff is top-notch! I'm going to have to get mine ordered

·
Registered
955 Posts
sweet.. Just got an email that mine are ready to ship! Can't wait!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I ordered early november... haha but yes! I can't wait to get these on!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts