Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Tsy87, I'd be happy to send you some extra hardware if you need. All of the bolts are standard 5/16 - 18(thread pitch).

Those Torx barrel nuts are a bit of a specialty fastener, and we're having a hard time finding them in the lenth that we need for this application, so we have been shaving them down a bit shorter which can tend to booger up the threads some times. I've been double checking the threads and running a tap back through if needed, but I'll make you another set and get you fixed up.

If I can find a better solution to this I will, its just a bit tricky because you dont want anything prodruding up toward the gas tank or hanging to far down getting hung up on stuff.

Thanks for the pics guys! Its always nice to see this stuff outside of the shop and seeing our products being used and enjoyed:rocker:
that would be great! ill send you a PM.

Thanks again for the awesome support... this is yet another reason why I am glad I went with you guys, great product and fantastic customer support!! :rocker:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
you guys need to stop bumping this thread. every time I see it I feel like a lazy a$$ for not having mine ready :p
:rofl::rofl::rofl: You have had them for almost as long as it took you to get them! :rofl: If you ordered the front bumper I bet you could get it installed by Christmas! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry brother I couldn't help myself! I bet you will be very pleased when you get them on! :bigthumb: Don't fell bad, I havn't gotten my on board air system installed yet either. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I did order the bumper it was in welding just a couple weeks ago :p
Too funny! So install date? Summit? Thanksgiving? :lol::bigthumb: Better yet come out here to pick it up and bring the skids, I'll buy the pizza and beer and we will have a wrench party for you! :clap:

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
What colour are they ? should be the same golden hue as your diff skid ?:clap::clap:
:rofl::rofl:
Cheers
Baz
:cheers:
I only did the front so far and didn't even get it all the way done. :( Just cleaned it, primered and first coat of satin black, then set it off to dry for a few days. I was working on it while I had to take time out to do laundry. :lol:

The front will be satin black as mentioned because it'll stay on. The rest will be metallic gold like the diff skid, because it serves a purpose for me and I think it's funny :lol:

I've been super busy (read pissed off) because I bought a new computer at the beginning of the year and it has slowly been forcing me to redo my entire home network and home theatre to support newer tech.

Too funny! So install date? Summit? Thanksgiving? :lol::bigthumb: Better yet come out here to pick it up and bring the skids, I'll buy the pizza and beer and we will have a wrench party for you! :clap:
The bumper should be quicker once I make time and the above gets sorted out. Especially since I ordered it powdered, so it's basically ready to go on. :bigthumb: However it'll prolly take me a few weekends to actually do because I'm going to try to find a washer bottle that will still work with it and the newer trucks and stay in the same location. *fingers crossed* I'm hopeful that I have found a solution but until the bumper is actually hear and I can make some measurements with it test fitted I won't know for sure. ;)

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
So I went to install my engine skid today and there are 2 brackets for either PS or AC lines mounted to the front.

What are you guys doing with these because they will not allow the front of the skid to mount flat against the cross beam?

I'm sure I could figure something out but I'm more curious what y'all have figured ot.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
On your second pic, if that is the short brackets to the crossmember they come off and the skid goes up to the crossmember and these bolt on to the skids.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
On your second pic, if that is the short brackets to the crossmember they come off and the skid goes up to the crossmember and these bolt on to the skids.
I didn't look at it closely enough but it seemed like the brackets were welded to the lines. Are they not? Cause just unbolting them seem like they'd rattle like fu*# under there :/

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
Alright well I made the decision to leave the brackets in their locations but flatten the part of the brackets that would be between the crossbar and the skid. Then for the other 2 bolts I shimmed them by adding a washer the same thickness as the flattened brackets between the crossbar and the skid. There is a slight gap about 1/16th but its not noticeable and I don't think will change the performance of the skid any.

Pics of the clearance behind skid:

Pics of gap:

Pics overall:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Well it looks like problem solved. Install is neat and clean, very nice looking! :bigthumb: Now go test it out! :lol: When you get the bumper it will REALLY look nice.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
955 Posts
hmm my brackets came off without being attached to anything else...?

looks like you were able to make it work anyway! sweet!

61 - 80 of 90 Posts