Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Alright well I made the decision to leave the brackets in their locations but flatten the part of the brackets that would be between the crossbar and the skid. Then for the other 2 bolts I shimmed them by adding a washer the same thickness as the flattened brackets between the crossbar and the skid. There is a slight gap about 1/16th but its not noticeable and I don't think will change the performance of the skid any.

Pics of the clearance behind skid:
This is exactly what we have done here minus the washer shims. Just sandwiched the little sheet-metal brackets and crank it down. I took pictures of it on Old Sarge's rig while fitting earlier model skids and thought that they had made it into the instructions, but I guess not. I'll be sure to get that fixed up, glad you got it figured out though.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
This is exactly what we have done here minus the washer shims. Just sandwiched the little sheet-metal brackets and crank it down. I took pictures of it on Old Sarge's rig while fitting earlier model skids and thought that they had made it into the instructions, but I guess not. I'll be sure to get that fixed up, glad you got it figured out though.
Sweet, great minds do think alike :cheers::bigthumb:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Why for question mark? Do you not remember doing it?
haha, the question marks were used because I didn't have anything attached to those brackets so I was slightly confused...

but I just realized you have a 2012 model and mine is a 2010... maybe toyota changed something between those years.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
haha, the question marks were used because I didn't have anything attached to those brackets so I was slightly confused...

but I just realized you have a 2012 model and mine is a 2010... maybe toyota changed something between those years.
Its a tranny cooler ;) 2011+ apparently have it

·
Registered
955 Posts
hmm, could also be a manual vs auto thing! since i dont *think* the manuals have coolers ... or is yours also a manual... haha!

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Still working on getting set up for aluminum. We need to purchase some new equipment to be able to weld aluminum which is the reason behind not doing it yet, but there is certainly demand for it out there so I'm hoping we can get to work at it sooner than later.
I think there would be decent interest in a hybrid setup like we've discussed before. :bigthumb:

81 - 90 of 90 Posts