Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue that started about a month ago and need some help. So... The shudder/vibration only happens when the vehicle is in park. It doesn’t happen when idling in drive, in neutral, accelerating, or anything in between. My rig has over 200,000 miles and this is the first time experiencing it. I ran diagnostics and no codes. I do all my own maintenance and I’ve double everything. Can anyone help me out?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Take a quick look at the muffler shield. I had mine drop and what a racket it was at stop lights. Quick fix was to install large stainless flat washers to keep it up and out of the way. I hope your fix is simple.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a quick look at the muffler shield. I had mine drop and what a racket it was at stop lights. Quick fix was to install large stainless flat washers to keep it up and out of the way. I hope your fix is simple.
Thank you Bad Wolf! Unfortunately, I don’t believe that it’s the muffler shield due to the fact that it’s a shudder/vibration and not so much a rattle or a sound of a loose part. Plus the shudder/vibration only happens in park. However, I will check the muffler shield and while I’m down there install some ss washers to prevent the issue you faced. Thank you for the good idea!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts