Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
Gday,
You could also reach out to @NestahEdition ....as Nestor is an expert with hid lights and might be able to offer a solution or repair n fix em for you.
You are in deep, dollar wise...so could be worth getting em fixed ...as opposed to tossing them in the bin...
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gday,
You could also reach out to @NestahEdition ....as Nestor is an expert with hid lights and might be able to offer a solution or repair n fix em for you.
You are in deep, dollar wise...so could be worth getting em fixed ...as opposed to tossing them in the bin...
Cheers
Baz
I have reached out to Nestah. He said he is really busy right now but might be willing to look at them. I have not heard back after I sent him pictures.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just bake the headlights yourself, wipe down the inside, seal up the little snorkel holes with silicone and call it a day. This should take you no more than an hour to do both headlights. It's actually more difficult to remove the headlights then to do the actual retrofit.

-B
Hoping to get someone to do it right this time. If not I will attempt to do it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
some info..?

https://www.drive2.ru/l/814319/
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://www.drive2.com/l/814319/&prev=search

I think it says -- "Modified parts provide improved air circulation. Replace the ventilation tubes with ventilation covers on both headlights."

https://www.nitto.com/us/en/products/group/temish/003/ - lamp application - black
Thanks for the info I didn't realize the caps on my stock ones came off. I would have done that prior to the second install.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Gday,
Cheers
Baz
Nestah says he is too busy.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Buy some Butyl rubber windshield sealant. Remove your headlights, disassemble the marker lights and remove the 2 screws on the back, place on cookie sheet and bake on the top rack at 260F for 6-7 minutes. Then carefully pull the perimeter clips outward and pry the clear cover from the housing. Cleaning it up, use a small strip of butyl and work it until it's thin and long enough to go around the the groove in the light housing. Press the lens back on, bake again. Use a clamp or channel lock to clamp the halves together to get a good seal and so the clips can engage. Reassemble and install.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Good on you! I'm confident that you'll be able to do it, follow the Official HID Retrofit thread. If you use google Chrome with the Photobucket fix, you should be able to see all the pics in the thread. Good luck!

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So my never ending saga with SICK HIDs has finally reached a close. Besides the moisture that has perpetually been inside my headlights, I have now lost the LED shroud lights and the HID headlight on the passenger side. I have swapped all the ballasts, it is not a connection or ballast issue. Upon contacting SICK HID this is the response I got. Pretty much expected:

"Hello Charles.
Sorry to hear that. Tell you what... once you have gone back to the Better Business Bureau website and posted a follow-up on your negative post, stating that your original post was a mistake based on a misunderstanding, you were just being impatient, unreasonable and spiteful (and while you're at it, do the same on the FJ Cruiser Forum thread you started "ranting about me/my service" on 5/24/17), and show me that you have done so... I will consider helping you. I can be extremely helpful and I am very responsive to questions concerns, but your previous actions (and negative attitude) in our past dealings/communication has earned you very little respect from me and an unwillingness to spend any additional time communicating or helping you with anything.
Until then, you're on your own sir. Good day."

Have to love the "I will consider helping you" part?????

Just wanted to let you guys know my story. You decide if you want to buy from this guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
He shouldnt have had to pay any shipping on issues caused by vendor....Their Loss is how it should be.
Also, he should call his credit card company and dispute ALL the related charges.....
Letting these jerks get away with this kind of stuff allows society to decay further..
Call them on it, make them accountable, and/or surely dispute the charges....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey Iceberg FJ. Can you post more oics of your rig? Interesting bumper.
Not sure if interesting means good. It is a Jaos bumper. I also have the over fender flairs, rear spoiler and front bash plate from them.

Attachments

·
A-Team Moderator
8,198 Posts
Is this a headlight or a bumper thread? Speak your peace about the seller 1x and move on. No continued bashing. If the seller wishes to come on and share his side of the story, that'd be great. :cheers:

No hijacking threads, just start a new one.

Thx!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts