Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side, side-air vent is not working. It is permantly in the 'closed' position. I've peeked into the vent and noticed that the trap door that opens and closes with the rotary switch on the side is not functioning.

I suspect the Toyota techician that installed the factory alarm missed a couple of steps when putting the dashboard panels back together. The connection between the rotary switch and the trap door inside the vent seems to be broken/disconnected.

I've tried prying the little panel on the side (NOT the fuse panel), but it won't come off. I'm not even sure if that's the correct way to get at the rotary switch and the air vent.

The Toyota technician who installed the alarm won't be back for another 2 weeks. I'm hoping it's an easy do-it-yourself fix.

Does anyone here know how to get access into that area?

Thanks for your help! :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Can you take it to a different dealership, sounds like a warranty type issue which any dealership should honor.

If that is not the case, I would wait for the tech to return, last thing you want to do is either break something or cause them to void a warranty.

Just thinking of what a dealership may say if you fix it yourself...then again, it could just end up being an easy fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts