Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
With al the sliders beinb attached, I'm surprised tha someone has hasn't fabbed up one or two lake.side pipes.. Ron
I've heard that before. What are they exactly?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly dating myself here.. They are classic. Remember the ones on the original Cobra? Ron

What are "lake pipes" in the lyric, "And she purrs like a kitten 'till the lake pipes roar" in the song Little Deuce Coupe by The Beach Boys?

Lake Pipes are (or were) an aftermarket chrome exterior exhaust system made by Lake maufacturing in the 50's and 60's. Commonly called "Side Pipes"

Lake Exhaust Pipes

Hooker Headers Universal Sidemounts - JEGS

I've heard that before. What are they exactly?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
ahhhhhhh brings back memories remember that red truck dodge made with the side pipes was like a customer job straight from the factory, think it was called the little red machine?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That one had vertical pipes like a semi. They also had a Warlock 440 (I believe) version with lake pipes.. Ron

http://home.att.net/~lilredexpress/

ahhhhhhh brings back memories remember that red truck dodge made with the side pipes was like a customer job straight from the factory, think it was called the little red machine?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Lake pipes were also available with a cut off, One position sent exhaust through the mufflers and out tail pipes, other position sent exhaust through straight lake pies, very loud.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
There was a guy on Jeepsunlimited last year who was trying to build a set of combo sliders and sidepipes. Never saw if he was successful or not in the end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.