Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My side view mirror light bulb went out. Would getting the led replacement from diode dynamic be the best option? I want the Amber color.

·
A-Team Moderator
8,770 Posts
Blue & orange/amber make brown. :unsure: It's a matter of preference. Some put super bright white in there even though it's illegal in most states. Anything above 40" height should not be white, it's a marker light, not a spot light.

I took out the blue disc so that the LED amber mirror lights come close in color to the OEM turn signal bulbs. 9 years and 74K miles, still on the OEM front signal bulbs and taillights. (y)

Plenty 'O threads in here on the subject matter, How-to's, etc...
FJC amber mirror lights.jpg

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
My side view mirror light bulb went out. Would getting the led replacement from diode dynamic be the best option? I want the Amber color.
I recently replaced my stock mirror bulbs with these from Amazon. $11.00 for the pair & free shipping to Alaska. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2C5D5F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They are brighter than stock, and definitely show up amber. I'm pleased with the change. Sorry I don't have any photos for you.
Happy trails!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts