Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just passing this along for folks information, not passing judgement one way or another, but definitely a bummer if true.

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottSierraNevadaBeer

"Some of you know that Sierra Nevada Brewery donates and advertises with the Sierra Club. If you didn't, you do now. The Sierra Club uses its resources trying to close access to public land such as National Forests and BLM. With enough "Likes" maybe we can persuade Sierra Nevada Brewing to stop supporting the Sierra Club. I like their beer, but I like 4-wheeling, biking and hiking in the mountains and desert more!!!!"

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Very interesting. I find it sad as a country boy that now lives n the city that we think it is fine to keep polluting and conveniencing ourselves while trying to turn everything outside of the city into a child-proof playground. All of the hikers and 4-wheelers I've encountered on public property have been very respectful of the area, and many go out of their way to maintain it. Of course there are some bad apples, but we've got those everywhere.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Wow Just did some reading here and there and I had no idea the Sierra Club hated OHV activity so much. F them.

Maybe we can get Sierra Nevada to support 'Tread Lightly!' instead....

I am also sick of seeing the concert litter pics lol. True it is ridiculous, but damnit I dont see a single trash can. Go to any other tailgating type event and you'll see hundreds of those cardboard ones.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Shared this on a couple FB groups

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Wow Just did some reading here and there and I had no idea the Sierra Club hated OHV activity so much. F them.
They're trying to get Brown's Camp in Oregon closed as well. Soon we'll all be eating granola, wearing Birkenstocks, have a ponytail and giving up deodorant while becoming participating members of a Prius, Leaf or Smart Car forum discussing our hairy wives.

Maybe we can get Sierra Nevada to support 'Tread Lightly!' instead.
That's not a bad idea. In the meantime, I'll never buy their products again.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Soon we'll all be eating granola, wearing Birkenstocks, have a ponytail and giving up deodorant while becoming participating members of a Prius, Leaf or Smart Car forum discussing our hairy wives.
No thanks. One of you is more than enough.......

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
I love it when the Sierra Club sends me stuff in the mail. I cut off my name and address from all of the paperwork. Then I tear all the stuff into smaller pieces and stuff it in the pre addressed stamped envelope they send with it. I then tear up other pieces of junk mail and stuff the envelope as full as I can get it. Then I seal it up and mail it all back to them. I figure it's a way to recycle all of that paper and not just send it to the landfill. Besides that the Post Office makes some money on the postage to return it too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I love it when the Sierra Club sends me stuff in the mail. I cut off my name and address from all of the paperwork. Then I tear all the stuff into smaller pieces and stuff it in the pre addressed stamped envelope they send with it. I then tear up other pieces of junk mail and stuff the envelope as full as I can get it. Then I seal it up and mail it all back to them. I figure it's a way to recycle all of that paper and not just send it to the landfill. Besides that the Post Office makes some money on the postage to return it too.
:blueblob: Awesome , LOL

Must sacrifice country living to save and support the city , what an oxymoron..:flame:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
:blueblob: Awesome , LOL

Must sacrifice country living to save and support the city , what an oxymoron..:flame:
I used to get a packet of stuff once in a great while from PETA asking for money and they sent a cute photo of a little bunny with a spot shaved on it's side. I never got a chance to send a photo of the gopher I shot and split open from jaw to tail. I thought they might enjoy that. If they send me something again I'll send it to them.:rofl:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I used to get a packet of stuff once in a great while from PETA asking for money and they sent a cute photo of a little bunny with a spot shaved on it's side. I never got a chance to send a photo of the gopher I shot and split open from jaw to tail. I thought they might enjoy that. If they send me something again I'll send it to them.:rofl:
LOL Oh crap !!:rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
The United States and the rest of the world are becoming more urban. At the same time the population will only increase and so will the demand for water. Water will become for this century what oil was to the last. Combine that with any major climatic changes and just wait for the water wars to begin. Watersheds will become very essential to the survival of major urban areas. Cities in California and Texas have already come close to running on empty. The tendrils of demand will reach further and further into the hinterlands. There will be extreme measures such as desalination projects and the relocation and the melting of icebergs but the demand will continue to grow. A brewery is just one of many manufacturers that depends on a constant supply of high quality of water. This is only the beginning of the change. We need to the loudest voices of TREAD LIGHTLY and the educators of responsible wheeling. To point fingers at companies will only alienate people and not help our cause.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The sierra club raises almost 100 million in funds a year. Sierra Nevada is not even on the list of top contributors. The bummer is the Sierra Club, not Sierra Nevada brewing company. Sierra Nevada brewing company admitted that although they believe in the Sierra Clubs mission to save the environment, there is should also be a balance for those who decide to use it. They even said that some of the most responsible and environmentally minded people are hunters, hikers, and off roaders. I love their beer, and everything I have read or seen from them makes me think they are a good bunch of people. I think that maybe we can sway them in the Tred Lightly direction. It seems to follow their beliefs a little better than the Sierra Club. Plus maybe there will be free beers at the summit! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts