Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace all their coolant hoses with silicone versions? Did they work well and where did you purchase them? My coolant change interval is coming up and since I'm draining the whole system, I thought I'd inquire before forging ahead since the hoses on my FJ are all getting old. By old, I mean original. It's not the mileage, but the age in this case.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yes, and I'm very happy so far.

Purchased from "HPS:" HPS Performance Silicone Hose Kits > Toyota FJ Cruiser

They've even got color choices! They can do orange, which I wanted, so I asked about custom-ordering but I needed to order... I think 100 sets for them to do a custom batch for me. So, your choices are black, red, or blue, which is still pretty cool.

I've got a writeup on what I did over here: Engine Radiator Hoses

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa! Nice job! Yeah, too bad they didn't make an orange set. They would've gone great with your orange theme. Thanks for the hose write up. That particular company used be listed here on the vendor section of this site, but it's since been decommissioned. But they look like they have what I want, even a full replacement set for all the coolant hoses. Gonna do the pulley replacement too at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts