Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen pictures of a silver ARB front bumper, but all I can find for sale is black. Did they paint them, or can we order a silver one somewhere?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Yes, they painted over the powder coating. It's on the Titanium ARB FJ. It was painted at a body shop. Yes it does scratch pretty easy..... Well.... Easy with off-road use!!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I dont think they come in Silver.You have to have it re-powder coated silver like my dads. Dont paint it do it the right way & powder coat it.Paint will come off with the first rock chips.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts

Sorry there aren't better pics, but you can see the ARB FJ in these, and that one is painted over the powder coat.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I wonder why ARB would paint over the powder coating ???????:lol:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
If I remember the story..... They have an agreement with a local body shop.... and it was cheaper....

Now I forget that I can't remember..... So I am not 100% sure about that one.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
ARB also has a silver bumper on the FJ they took to Austrailia. This FJ was also at the Summit being driven by Chris of Overland Journal. I don't believe they offer the silver bumper for sale.

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soooo, how much about would it cost to powder coat it? Ball park of course!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Soooo, how much about would it cost to powder coat it? Ball park of course!
minnimun of $200,that's what i paid to get my all-pro bumper powder coated.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Petersons 4wheel offroad magazine had those little slips advertising both options check out one of their mags or online.. hope this helps..

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I's say around $200-$300 to get it sandblasted, cleaned, and powdercloated.:simmadown:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
According to our ARB rep they are not available for sale in siver, but they use silver in their ads to show the lines of the bumper (silver shows the shape/lines better than black in photos for advertising purposes).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I dont think they come in Silver.You have to have it re-powder coated silver like my dads. Dont paint it do it the right way & powder coat it.Paint will come off with the first rock chips.

thats really cool. i'm really on the fence about the silver arb bumper on silver fj, i keep going back and forth over whether i want to go that route on mine.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Gotta disagree with the "do it right and powder coat it" line of thinking. Nothing holds up to rocks - powder coating isn't magic. The rock wins every time. Have you tried touching up powder coating? What's good for rock rails is good for bumpers - paint!

I have a Demello. I bought it "naked" and painted with a two-stage paint... the same paint Toyota used on the rest of the FJ. It matches, cost less... okay, about the same as powder coating and I can touch it up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.