Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know, I didn't want silver before but I have to say...this looks pretty good. I can't tell if the roof is white or not?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
Ya know, I didn't want silver before but I have to say...this looks pretty good. I can't tell if the roof is white or not?
i spoke with a dealer who saw a silver one and he said it was gorgeous. his words. i'm leaning with black as that's what my two daughters want or silver as a second choice.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tblopa said:
I actually like it better w/ out the white-cap roof. I wonder if that's actually how it will come.

I think it might actually be white but I can't tell. As long as it's not a glaring difference like the one at the Leno show (which was fake), I'd be in for the silver. I was afraid it would make it look like every other SUV, but I'm not so sure that it does now. And yes, I think a white roof should always be on the truck.....it's one of the key original features (and it'll keep that hot Boston sun from baking the inside of my truck lol)

·
Registered
294 Posts
tblopa said:
I actually like it better w/ out the white-cap roof. I wonder if that's actually how it will come.

All FJ's will come with a white capped roof.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Toyotaman said:
Agreed the white roof is STANDARD...there have been circulating rumors of an ALL BLACK "moab" special edition. IF that one is built it is supposed to be the only exception to the white roof rule.
You're right the only one thus far without a white capped roof is going to be the special edition released in summer of 2006. That silver one definitely has a white roof. Still looks good though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That silver looks great, i guess i am unable to make decisions anymore. I want the blue one but, ~DAM~ silver might be the one to.

Hey you know the cool mirrors and door handles, dont contrast with the silver. Oh @#!&$#*#!!! that didnt help me either. BLUE....... SILVER....and now the YELLOW, all look KILLER.....................CRAP.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's getting slimmer for me. First it was blue...now blue looks too pastel to me. Then it was the red. But the red is purple. Silver looks damn good but you lose all of the silver highlights the other cars have with the contrast and it looks rather plain...but maybe that is good. Arrgh

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Boston you are progressing through the colors about the same way I did. I've ended up at yellow. Someone had an eloquent post last month on why they were going with the blue. Can't seem to find it now. Supposedly the blue grows on you in person. That would be my 2nd choice, but only if there's too long a wait for a yellow one.
FWIW, the blue and yellow are the only two colors unique to the FJC.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
YELLOW, all the way.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Pancho said:
Boston you are progressing through the colors about the same way I did. I've ended up at yellow. Someone had an eloquent post last month on why they were going with the blue. Can't seem to find it now. Supposedly the blue grows on you in person. That would be my 2nd choice, but only if there's too long a wait for a yellow one.
FWIW, the blue and yellow are the only two colors unique to the FJC.
Don't know if this is the eloquence you are speaking of, but here's my reasoning for going with Blue....:

"I am making my Paint color choice with the same criteria that I used to select the FJ as my next vehicle...: Modern yet Classic, Sporty, Youthful yet Refined, Capable without Pretense, Bold and most of all Fun Factor.

I am basing my color choice on the color that best defines the vehicle, not the color that defines myself. In my professional opinion, Toyota has already let us know which color best defines the vehicle, that would be the same color they unveiled it in.

The white roof on the silver FJ had contrast, the silver bumpers and other trim did not. The black color has no contrast with the black body trim.

anyways, thats my 2 cents"

·
Registered
16 Posts
My choices:

1. Black or Silver (need to see in person) -- I personally would rather have a color that either absorbs the black trim or absorbs the silver grille/mirrors. I don't really want the contrast. I'm just curious to see in person how they look and how the white roof looks with them. I would probably consider White if it was an option, too.

2. Black Cherry Pearl or whatever it's called i.e. Maroon.

3. I don't really care for the Blue or Yellow. Too toy-like to me.

I would also strongly consider a pure red if that was an option, and I loved the matte olive green that was at SEMA. Something charcoal/gun metal would be awesome, too.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
zeppelin said:
My choices:

1. Black or Silver (need to see in person) -- I personally would rather have a color that either absorbs the black trim or absorbs the silver grille/mirrors. I don't really want the contrast. I'm just curious to see in person how they look and how the white roof looks with them. I would probably consider White if it was an option, too.

2. Black Cherry Pearl or whatever it's called i.e. Maroon.

3. I don't really care for the Blue or Yellow. Too toy-like to me.

I would also strongly consider a pure red if that was an option, and I loved the matte olive green that was at SEMA. Something charcoal/gun metal would be awesome, too.

I agree. Except you forgot to mention that the cherry color is purple!! :) I've had black Vw's for the past 8 years so I can't do black again, but I bet it will look great on this truck (though I'm not sure it's appropriate for the retro theme)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yes cheazhd! You almost sold me on the blue with that pitch.
I'd really like a tan one though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I thought that I had my color choice decided, since we have had this thread multiple times. And I think after each one I have changed my mind. I originally wanted the silver. But then quickly realized (brain washed by others) that the silver does not create enough of a contrast between the body and the roof. SO then I decided that the black cherry was the way to go although I would go with the black except I didn't want to look like the CHIPS or TxDOT squad cars. SO....now I'm leaning toward the blue...for all the reasons cheazhd mentioned but also those new pics from the Greenville dealership make that blue on the FJ really stand out. Just a heads up Bostonian..but you might change your mind six more times in the next month or so...I believe most of us have gone through this progression.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
csherrill said:
I thought that I had my color choice decided, since we have had this thread multiple times. And I think after each one I have changed my mind. I originally wanted the silver. But then quickly realized (brain washed by others) that the silver does not create enough of a contrast between the body and the roof. SO then I decided that the black cherry was the way to go although I would go with the black except I didn't want to look like the CHIPS or TxDOT squad cars. SO....now I'm leaning toward the blue...for all the reasons cheazhd mentioned but also those new pics from the Greenville dealership make that blue on the FJ really stand out. Just a heads up Bostonian..but you might change your mind six more times in the next month or so...I believe most of us have gone through this progression.

my salesman really loves it too.

"um, cancel the cherry red request....I want silver now!"

"um, maybe put blue as my second choice...if you get two stickshifts in" (yeah right)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts