Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in joining me, I will be up in Michigan on leave from the 7th to the 18th of August and will be making a day trip up to Silver Lake sometime while i am there. I do not have a specific day in mind at this point, but i know it will not be on a weekend as i have plans for both weekends i am home. Other than that i am pretty up flexible, so if anyone is interested suggest a day and we will go from there.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If anyone is interested in joining me, I will be up in Michigan on leave from the 7th to the 18th of August and will be making a day trip up to Silver Lake sometime while i am there. I do not have a specific day in mind at this point, but i know it will not be on a weekend as i have plans for both weekends i am home. Other than that i am pretty up flexible, so if anyone is interested suggest a day and we will go from there.
Sorry... we just went last weekend. Glad you are making it back up though!

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no worries, did you have a good time? how are the conditions up there this year?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
no worries, did you have a good time? how are the conditions up there this year?
We had a blast - I went with a friend from work and we camped at Silvedr Hills Campground - great place and wonderful people. $40/night with a pool. Very basic place but it is close to the dunes so you don't have to air down coming in and out all weekend. It was a little windy there onSaturday and a few Jeeps didn't fair too well coming over some of the peaks of the hills - two rolled on their lids but I heard of no serious injuries. More here: Jeep Rollover Saturday Aug 2nd

Take care and post some pics when you go - sorry, left the camera at home; lame I know!!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I wish I could go. I was supposed to be there 2 weeks ago but had family stuff to take care of. Did you post some pics somewhere?

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I could go. I was supposed to be there 2 weeks ago but had family stuff to take care of. Did you post some pics somewhere?
I put some up on my photobucket album of my trip there in April. Nothing spectacular as I was essentially by myself up there that time. Not a pleasant notion getting stuck out in the boonies with a 2 year old in the back.

MichEE said:
We had a blast - I went with a friend from work and we camped at Silvedr Hills Campground - great place and wonderful people. $40/night with a pool. Very basic place but it is close to the dunes so you don't have to air down coming in and out all weekend. It was a little windy there on Saturday and a few Jeeps didn't fair too well coming over some of the peaks of the hills - two rolled on their lids but I heard of no serious injuries. More here: Jeep Rollover Saturday Aug 2nd

Take care and post some pics when you go - sorry, left the camera at home; lame I know!!
Good to hear that nobody got seriously hurt, I wouldn't wish that one anyone, even if they do drive a jeep!

I won't be camping this time; I am staying with my folks while I'm home and they are only 35-40 minutes from the park. Makes it nice to be able to run up there on a moments notice when the wheeling urge strikes me. I very much looking forward to moving back to the area in 3-4 years!

I will certainly be taking lots of pictures this time; with any luck there will be more of a crowd so Ii can get some decent action shots. I'll post up a link to those once I have them uploaded, look for that in a couple weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts