Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rewarded with a cool toy, awesome!
Yeah, I had just finished managing a big job we did for Longaberger Basket Company's new "Homestead" and he came up with that idea. I picked what was at the time the biggest and baddest quad out there, the Polaris Sportsman 500. I can complain alot about that job but every once in a while there was a bright spot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My in-laws live in Glen Lake, MI. My father-in-law will not shut up about this place. He takes his stock jeep down and loves it. I will be hitting it this summer when I head out there in July.

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
:lol: Found a pic of my current quad, a Kawasaki Prairie 650 which I've added a high perfromance air intake and "chip" to. I kept this one because of its ability to get work done ,sporty straight axle, and it looks and handles about like a sport quad when I remove the racks. The ITP knobblies are pretty sweet tread too.

I do miss my ol' Grizzly 660's nice hiney with Goodyear Mudrunners . . . but I don't miss the poor heat management which often resulted in the gas actually boiling. :eek: They did later come out with a heat shielding kit which I installed.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Spent a week there in the Summer. Had an awesome time. FJ made it up test hill on the first try (about 10psi). Can't wait to go back. You need a $16 ORV permit and to pay the park entrance fee, I bought an annual pass. You also need a flag on the front of your vehicle, but there are lost of shops around that can take care of that. You can camp all around the area, but we stayed in a hotel on the highway. We'll stay in Ludington (just north) this year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks like a lot of fun!:rocker:
You know it. :werd:

Spent a week there in the Summer. Had an awesome time. FJ made it up test hill on the first try (about 10psi). Can't wait to go back. You need a $16 ORV permit and to pay the park entrance fee, I bought an annual pass. You also need a flag on the front of your vehicle, but there are lost of shops around that can take care of that. You can camp all around the area, but we stayed in a hotel on the highway. We'll stay in Ludington (just north) this year.
Thanks for the input. We'll get it done sometime this year. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
My in-laws live in Glen Lake, MI. My father-in-law will not shut up about this place. He takes his stock jeep down and loves it. I will be hitting it this summer when I head out there in July.
They live in the lake ? Hope I didn't run them over ! lol

I probably asked before , but whats their last name ? I was the cable guy here until I retired in April .

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Whenever anybody goes to the Dunes , post it up and I'll meet you there .
1.5 hours south of me , but worth the trip .
Redboat :clap:

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
They live in the lake ? Hope I didn't run them over ! lol

I probably asked before , but whats their last name ? I was the cable guy here until I retired in April .
Hmmm, you ever pull bare footers (skiers) with that rig ? Do you have a barefoot skiing pole ?

Will keep that in mind. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Used to pull skiers , now set up for speed . Sold ski prop . Can borrow neighbors ski nautique anytime though .
Redboat

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts

I will. It's about a 5-hour trip for me, so it involves an overnight or two.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
James, it's a blast. I go every year at least once. Planning on heading up there mid-July...

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but I post anyways.
There are 4 things you'll need
1) MI DNR ID (via online or MI Meiers) -FREE
www.mdnr-elicense.com - Welcome to E-License

2) OVP sticker (via online or MI Meiers) - $16.25 last year
www.mdnr-elicense.com - Welcome to E-License

3) Yearly Recreation Passport($30.50 for out of staters online) or daily at voucher office ($8 last year per day)
I always just get the daily, as I don't go more then 2 days...but
if you planned on more then one visit. Here is the Yearly pass link
michiganestore

4) Voucher to enter dunes, also at voucher office (open until 10PM, so get your vouchers the night before) - FREE
DNR - Silver Lake State Park Information

PS: never do a you turn to enter the Dunes...there is almost always a cop there to give out fines.

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks for the tips AL. I'd like to get up there before July even but I know time sneaks up on me and I have a lot of stuff going down before Cruise Moab and the Summit. Hope to see you on the trails again one of these days. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I'd like to hear when this is happening.

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I'd like to hear when this is happening.
Well, the dunes don't open until April. I personally would prefer to wait for some good shorts and sun weather but some of the guys who posted mentioned being up for it since they are close.

Feel free to post a thread when you want to go and I will do the same when I get to that point. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I'm game ! :bigthumb:
Redboat

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I propose a meet, starting with MI guys, Mid Jun or July....any takers
June works best for me since it falls between Cruise Moab and the FJ Summit. :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Keep me posted. I plan on going up a couple times this year.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts